Saturday, January 12, 2013

1/10–1/12/2013 Counting Down…

(Key Largo, FL)

We’re not counting weeks anymore.  We’re not counting work shifts anymore either.  We’re counting days!  Just days till we’re on the road again.

I have to be honest here, I’m pretty disappointed with this place.  Let me clarify that.  The workamping job was fine.  Our supervisor Elena was the perfect supervisor in that she left us alone.  We got to spend about two weeks total in Key West, who could argue with that?  But.  Here comes the BUT!  But there were two beaches in this park and I never got to spend a day on either one of them.  I came here with a killer tan and am going home nearly white as a sheet.  I didn’t get to interact with the other camp hosts as much as I would have liked to.  Why?  Noseeums.  There were so bad and I’m so allergic to their bites that I had to spend most times inside.  That does not make for a good time. 

This picture makes me happy!

IMG_4463

This is the stuff I put between all things glass.

IMG_4464

This is one chore I enjoy doing!  It means I’m getting closer to shutting down the kitchen.

IMG_4465

I’m planning dinners that don’t take many dishes, that for sure.

IMG_4467

Who knew that one could take so many pictures of glass dishes and rubber matting!

IMG_4468

Just for the record,,,,I’ve never had a broken dish.

No comments: