Wednesday, January 30, 2013

1/30/2013 Enough! We’ve Had Enough!

(Seffner, FL)

We got our of the rig this morning by 7:45 so that our service could get right to work when he arrived.

We took our computers to the lounge and laid claim to our favorite table.  A cold front came through last night and it was a bit chilly this morning so we were satisfied to just stay inside.

People came and went all day and we talked with several who we’ve come to know these past two weeks.  Yes, others spend a considerable amount of time here too.  We’re not the only ones!

Around 4:00 Bob walked out to the service bay to see how things were coming only to find out our rig wasn’t there.  He found it in the middle of the parking lot, not plugged in.  To give credit where credit is due they always made sure we were plugged in because they know we have a freezer on board.  Granted a few hours was certainly not going to have things thawing but this is the first time this has happened.  No one had come to us to tell us that it was done…or it wasn’t, just nothing.  This didn’t exactly set well with Bob.

I went to our service writer to find out what was going on and she said that they had sent someone out earlier in the day to find a kitchen faucet so they pulled us out so another rig could be worked on.  We asked if we could be put in a spot for the night so that we could get set up for the evening.  A service writer we had never met before said that Bob should move us because she didn’t know how long it would be before a lot jockey could get to us.  She pointed where we should go and that was that.  This too did not set well with Bob, after all, we are the customer.  So we got it moved and it was a tight space so there was a lot of back and forth and a lot of measuring for slides and when he finally got us in he found that there was no electric available.  All that for nothing, we were going to have to move again.  Bob was not a happy camper.  Just as he was ready to pull the rig out his phone rang.  It was the service writer telling him that it turns out the guy couldn’t find a faucet and they were going to have to order one.  It would take 5 – 7 days to have it shipped.  Now Bob is really not a happy camper.  Two minutes later he had made a decision.  We were done.  He would put the new faucet in.  No more.  What wasn’t done could wait or Bob would fix it himself.  I went in to let them know we were leaving.  Now.  The cleared our paperwork, gave us an exit pass for the gate guard and our two week stay at Lazy Days came to an abrupt end.

We went over to the Lazy Days Campground and things didn’t get much better.  We were given a site with a tree a little closer to the pad than what is ideal.  Actually, if just needed to be trimmed.  If we were smaller it wouldn’t have made a difference.  So there was a lot of jockeying for position in order to back the rig into the site.  To make matters worse there was a lady across the street who decided watching Bob was her new pastime.   She even made herself comfortable by moving her chair from the side of her trailer to the driveway where she had an unobstructed view.  Uh-uh, not good.  Nobody likes to be watched when things aren’t going exactly right to begin with and your mood isn’t the best either.  It started drizzling which is never a good thing when you have to set up.  I knew just to stay out of his way.  I had a feeling it was going to be a long night.

Bob read over the paperwork and there wasn’t anything on it about whether or not the service tech fixed the leak.   Oh no, we’re going to have to go back in the morning! 

This is a nightmare and I just want to wake up!

No comments: