Saturday, January 19, 2013

1/19/2013 They Put Us in Storage!

(Seffner, FL)

Bob and I started our morning with breakfast at Cracker Barrel.  Afterwards we went to the lounge in the service department to claim a table for the day.  The reason we didn’t go back to the 5th wheel was because they are moving us today.  We have to leave the comfort of the service bay because they need it.

In the afternoon Bob went in search of where they set us up.  He walked hither and yon trying to find it.  After crisscrossing the property several times he finally found our home.  In the storage lot.  No hookups, no nothing.  In fact, it was parked in a space that was so tight that he couldn’t even open the door to turn the fridge on propane to keep it running.
He came and found me and brought me up to date with what was going on.  I, in turn, went to our service writer and as soon as she saw me she said, “I know what happened, I’m working on getting you a space now.”

She finally told us where we were going to be and Bob and I had our concerns that we weren’t going to fit.  We would fit if the slides were in but maybe not otherwise.  So we measured and decided it would fit but it was going to be close.

I went back inside and Bob hung around waiting for them to deliver the rig to the new spot.  I watched from a distance the 5th wheel go into the space and come back out, go back into the space and come back out.  Back and forth, in and out, each time Bob measuring to make sure our slides would have room.  Something we didn’t take into consideration when we shopped was the layout of the 5th wheel with the slides in.  Unless the slides are out our rig is functional.  We can’t use the bathroom, get to the bedroom, access the living room or dining table and I can’t use the stove.  Totally non-functional.  We can, however, get to the fridge where the cold beer and Pepsi’s are kept so it isn’t a total loss. 

Finally situated in the space just right, we were able to go home again.

Three days down.

No comments: