Wednesday, April 9, 2008

4/8/08 A WINDY Day in Sunny California

Laundry day! I was glad to find out that the washing machines and dryers only took a dollar each to run. A welcome change from the buck twenty five that I paid in Quail Run.

Just as I finished up the laundry the wind really picked up with sustained winds in the 35 - 40 mph range. At least it was a warm wind.

This limited our outdoor activities big time. We both spent the day inside on the computers and watching TV.

I did venture out at one point and noticed these cloud formations. I can't say that I've ever seen anything like this before. (Remember, you can double click on the pics to make them bigger)

IMG_2538

IMG_2539

These clouds were very thick and just plain weird looking!

We both spent part of the day catching up with friends from home and Quail Run on the phone. I don't know what we would do without our cell phones!

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

I agree. Have never seen a cloud like that before. Seems everyone is experiencing wind the last few days. Miss ya'll.