Saturday, September 13, 2008

9/13/08 So Long Mr. & Mrs. Peacock

Today we take to the road again! Destination: Springville, Utah. Why Springville? I don't really know other than that is where Bob picked where we'll stop this afternoon.

Don and Billee saw us off after hugs and handshakes all around this morning. We so enjoyed our time with them and their hospitality. We'll see them again in November and we are very much looking forward to that.

We pulled into the campground where we'll spend the night, maybe two and were pleasantly surprised at well kept it was. It's called East Bay...or maybe its called Bay East, I'm not sure.

We got set up in no time since we aren't unhooking from the truck. We have everything we need, read that as plenty of beer and Pepsi's, so we know we aren't going anywhere and have no need for the truck.

Here's the view from our rig.

IMG_5119

I was looking forward to making dinner tonight! It was to be my first time cooking since we left for Delaware back in mid-July. I had my menu all planned and I was ready! And then..... Bob let me know that all he wanted was a sandwich. Darn! So sandwiches it was.

It was so nice out after dinner that I made use of the time by sitting at the picnic table and touching base with family and friends back home. Mom gave me the play by play account of my four year old great nephew's (Steven) first soccer game. Oh, how I wish I could have been there to cheer this little fella on. Of course, from what I hear he had the biggest cheering section there because nine from the family were in attendance. He made 2 goals and 1 assist! Pretty good since he got signed up late and hadn't even made a practice. Way to go Steven!

That's about it for today.

No comments: