Thursday, September 25, 2008

9/26/08 Ya Gotta Love These Little Towns!

After a lazy morning Bob and I decided we had errands to run.

We've been having trouble with one of the truck tires losing air pressure and we couldn't find a nail or any other kind of puncture causing this slow leak. Since we had lost 20 pounds of pressure in the last 48 hours we knew we had to get this tended to. We just couldn't keep towing this heavy rig down the road with all the weight in the bed of the truck and expecting three tires to carry the load instead of the four that should be sharing it. So off we go in search of a tire place. I should tell you now that we are in a little town called Black Canyon City. Trust me, the word "city" doesn't even come into play here. I don't even know if town would be a correct description. Village and hamlet come more to mind. Got the picture? We're in a small place, not many businesses. When we started out we thought maybe we would even have to go to Flagstaff which is 100 miles away. So we ride into the downtown area and we see a Shell gas station that advertises tire work. Well, its the only game in town so we didn't have much choice in this location. We kept on going just in case we could find a real tire business. We couldn't. Back we go and Bob asks the guy if they are equipped to work on dually's. (It's the inside tire we're having a problem with) The man assured Bob that he could fix whatever was wrong. Good! That's what we wanted to hear. I went to the waiting lounge, 4 chairs and 3 magazines. My choices were Time, Ebony and an eight month old People magazine. Bob went to the parts store on the same lot to pass his time. In what seemed like just minutes the fellow who was working on our tire came into the lounge and told me we were done. Already? Did you even take the tire off? I went to get Bob in the parts store and told him we were done and free to go. He gave me a look that said, "I knew this place couldn't fix it!" Well, they did! It turns out that the only thing wrong was the stem was loose and we were losing air through that. Being the inside tire, Bob couldn't reach the stem itself only the extension on it so it can filled. Bob asked the fella how much he owed him and he replied, "Nothing, I didn't do anything". Bob questioned him again and got the same answer. Bob insisted on paying him for his time and the guy literally RAN away. Bob went after him and insisted the guy at least have a beer on him. THAT got the guys attention and he agreed to accept several dollars for that.

Our next stop was across the street at the Hair Nook. We are both in need of haircuts but they were pretty busy so Bob got his cut since he was in more need of one than me. By the way, I took a picture several weeks ago and somehow forgot to get it posted. Below is a picture that I took when we were at Steve and Carol's in Salt Lake City, primarily for the deer in the picture. Take notice of Bob's ball cap.

IMG_4996

See the seams? This is what happens when you don't change ball caps!

IMG_4891

STRIPES!

Oh boy, is he gonna yell at me when he sees I put this on here!

Anyway, he got a GREAT haircut! I wish I had time to get mine done by the lady who did his.

From there we went to the grocery store. I've been craving broccoli. They didn't have any really fresh broccoli. Oh, they had some but the stems were rubbery and it was past its prime. We settled for frozen peas with our meatloaf and mashed potatoes.

After dinner we watched the debate between McCain and Obama. That's all I'm gonna say here about it. We watched it. Oh one thing, I do think one of the candidates needs to learn to NOT interrupt when someone else has the floor.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Why do psychics have to ask you your name?

That's it for today.

2 comments:

ttprincess1226 said...

Hi Snookie,

Have fun in AZ this winter. We will be in the land of plywood tomorrow. We were thinking about you today. Did you see Jet-Man on the news? Bob wants to know if you added that to your bucket list?????????

LaVon Baker said...

That STRIPE is too funny. Does Bob sleep in that cap???? I bet the lady that cut his hair got a good laugh out of that.