Monday, September 29, 2008

9/29/08 And the Cleaning Begins!

DUST! Where did it all come from? I started the major cleaning today and have found dust in more places than I knew existed in this rig. I don't know how it gets in as we travel down the road but it finds a way.

It was extremely hot here again today, triple digits once again.

Three more rigs came in to today but the place is still empty. We're still the only ones on our street.

IMG_5286

Bob spent his day getting our water all hooked up with the filter and water softener and special shutoffs in case of a problem. With having to come in out of the heat that pretty much took all day.

I got as far as the bathroom completely cleaned. The drawers have all been gone through and cleaned out and old stuff gotten rid of. Shower walls are all shiny again and the mirrors sparkle. I figured if I did one room a day I'd be done in a week. It took me all day to do the bathroom too. I'd clean the medicine cabinet mirror and go play a few games of solitaire. Hmmmm, no wonder it took me all day.

When outside I tried to stand in the shade of our tree every chance I got.

IMG_5283

Isn't this the most pitiful thing you've ever seen? Someone was hired to trim the trees and evidently they had something against fig trees because they just butchered this one.

Here's the shade we have on our site. Now doesn't this just give you a cool feeling all over looking at this shade?

IMG_5284

Late this afternoon the new Activities Coordinators/Directors arrived. I went over to meet and welcome them but I caught them at the end of a long day and he seemed very tired. I made a quick exit and went on my way.

That's about it for today, can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: