Monday, September 8, 2008

9/8/08 Preparing to Move On...

Today was maintenance day for us. Bob had a few things to do around the rig to get it road ready as we are heading out tomorrow and I had laundry to get done and my nails were way past their time to be done.

So we had our chores in mind and we set out to get them done. Carol dropped me off at the nail salon and she visited with a friend while I was busy doing that. We also stopped at the grocery store and the veggie/produce stand for more of that delicious corn! Oh, we're gonna miss that corn!

Other than this we didn't do a whole heck of a lot today. I didn't even use the camera once!

So I'll use this space to take care of some other things.

I don't know if you read the comments to the posts or not but I received one the other day that just made me feel so good! I don't know who wrote it as he/she didn't give their name or where they were from. It was written as follows:

Bob and Snookie --

you don't know me, or anyone in my office for that matter... but you've managed to brighten our days with your tales from the road, and we are pretty upset about this return trip home.

Please stay out there, and keep me updated.

That just gave me goose bumps when I read it! Now my question is, where are you from? And why haven't you signed the Buddy Map? Let's get on the ball here, you and your office friends have to get signed on! Seriously, thanks for writing, it just makes my fingers want to fly over the keyboard knowing that there are readers out there that enjoy how I write, the pictures I take and and tales I tell. As for the weeks without an update, I'm really sorry about that and I know where you're coming from because I got lots of emails and phone calls giving me heck for not keeping up with the blog, but trust me, the time was better spent with our family and friends. But we're back on the road now!

ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A FIFTH GRADER? YOUR FOOT?

You have to try this, it takes 2 seconds. I could not believe this!!!

It is from an orthopedic surgeon............ This will boggle your mind and you will keep you trying over and over again to see if you can outsmart your foot, but, you can't. It's preprogrammed in your brain!

1. Without anyone watching you (they will think you are GOOFY......) and while sitting at your desk in front of your computer, lift your right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles.

2. Now, while doing this, draw the number '6' in the air with your right hand. Your foot will change direction.

I told you so!!! And there's nothing you can do about it! You and I both know how stupid it is, but before the day is done you are going to try it again, if you've not already done so.

And if that doesn't drive you nuts,,,,try this!

This China's 2nd grade computer test. I won't lie to you, I've tried and tried and I can't do it. I hope you have better luck than I did! If YOU can do it, let me know how!

Frog Leap Test

MARRIAGE SEMINAR

While attending a Marriage Seminar dealing with communication, Tom and his wife Grace listened to the instructor, 'It is essential that husbands and wives know each other's likes and dislikes.'

He addressed the man, 'Can you name your wife's favorite flower?'


Tom leaned over, touched his wife's arm gently and whispered, 'It's Pillsbury, isn't it?' (Oh yeah, he's dead meat!)

That's it for today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did the jumping frog trick and got it after only three tries!!

Elaine

Anonymous said...

I also did the "foot" thing and my foot didn't change directions. What do you think that means?

Elaine