Wednesday, September 3, 2008

9/3/08 The Bennies Kick In!

Since Bob turned that magic number "60" last Saturday the benefits of his thirty plus years of service to his country have kicked in for us.

We drove about an hour today to the Dover Air Force Base to get our prescriptions filled at the base pharmacy. My last blood work tests showed that my cholesterol is through the roof! Let's just say waaaayyyyy over 300. So now its Lipitor for me and Bob is already on it. Actually, I hate to admit this, but I've been given a prescription for this before and I just plain didn't take it. Save your keystrokes, I know I did wrong and I promise to do better with taking my medications.

One of the benefits of retiring from the military is free medicine, hence our trip to the DAFB. We arrived a little after noon and got the paperwork underway for our first visit. We expected this to take most of the afternoon and were pleasantly surprised when we were on our way within an hour and half, a 90 day supply of meds in hand. From here on out we'll get them through the mail order house because we don't always know that we'll be near a base when we need to get them refilled.

This afternoon Mom and I took my nephews truck back to him so that is out of the way. On the way home we stopped to get me my last cheesesteak. Oh it pains me to type that. My Last Cheesesteak! The others are having fish that Bob caught when he was in New York our first week here. That seems so long ago and yet it seems like yesterday. I don't do fish unless you count the kind that comes in the little round cans with the mermaid on the label.

I got us packed today....and re-packed.....and re-packed again. Geez, I sent so much home via snail mail in addition to the new stuff I bought and these suitcases still seem to have shrunk! Let's not forget that I still have to some how, some way get the stuff we'll be using between now and tomorrow morning in there.

It's our last night here. That makes me sad. I'm glad to be going home in a way but at the same time I don't want to leave my parents. Mom and I made a pact tonight that we won't cry at the airport tomorrow. We'll just say, "See ya later". Yeah, right.

No comments: