Saturday, September 27, 2008

9/27/08 Bob Gets Started....

Again, we had a lazy morning. TV, computers, coffee and a Pepsi.

Bob decided he was going to get started on his chores that he has in mind to get done when we reach our winter perch. He washed the back of the rig and started waxing it. In this HEAT! I can't even imagine.

He did take this picture of the front of the rig to show what happens when you are going down the road day after day after day.

IMG_5274

BUGS! DEAD BUGS! SPLATTERED BUGS! PIECES OF BUGS!

There's no sense in even washing that off yet as we have another 120 miles to go before we settle in. There would only be bugs on the front again.

It is so incredibly hot here! We're in the triple digits. There is no one out walking around, not even sitting outside. I don't know how he's doing it. But that's my Bob, he can't sit still for too long, always has to be doing something.

So that we didn't have to deal with cooking and washing dishes we decided to order something from Beni's which is very close by. The couple that owns this place are transplanted New Yorkers. I was tempted to get a sub because I thought they just might know what they are doing and I'd get a good one. I ended up with something else completely because manicotti caught my eye and I went with that. It came with a salad and a roll and was very, very good! Bob opted for a sausage and cheese and he raved about his too. Kinda, sorta makes me wish I had the gotten sub now because I know it will be a long time before I get one again.

I was outside at eleven tonight and it was still 92 degrees! Our A/C is running constantly and its not keeping up. I think we're going to have to look into a second unit for the rig. One is not enough!

Moving day tomorrow, I better get to bed!

No comments: