Tuesday, September 30, 2008

9/30/08 Changes, Changes, Changes

I ended yesterday's post with:

That's about it for today, can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.

Well, let me tell you, I didn't expect today to bring what it did!

As of this morning I am the new Activities Coordinator for Quail Run. This is something Jeannie approached me about a couple of months ago and I took my time getting back to her and in the meantime she asked someone else if they would take on the position. I took my time because I had many doubts if I wanted to do this or not. I saw what Bruce and DeAnn went through last year and didn't know if I wanted to put myself through that. Then again, because of the great job they did last year everything is organized and if the team is anything like last year it could be fairly smooth sailing.

For whatever reason, its between Jeannie and the couple who were supposed to be the Coordinators, they have backed out and she came to me. I was a little taken aback when she knocked on the door and handed me a sheet of paper listing all the Activities Workampers info and up in the corner was our names as coordinators. I told her I had to talk to Bob, keep in mind that I just found out seconds prior, before I could give her an answer as to whether or not I would do this.

Well, I did talk to Bob and I do understand that the majority of the responsibility is going to be on my shoulders. I told her I would TRY it. She said that's all she asks and if I decide I don't want to do it she would then bring in someone else. She thanked us profusely for taking on the job.

Oh what have I gotten myself into?

Bob and I wanted to fill up the gas tank with fuel before the prices spike. We don't know that they will but with the market and futures all over the place, why take a chance? When we came in we saw that the station closest to us had diesel for .....

IMG_5282

Now we didn't think that was too bad considering we've been paying more. In our travels today we had to go get a propane tank filled and on the way there saw another station with diesel at $3.53, needless to say we filled up there! These fuel prices are killing us! Even at cheap to us, $3.53. How much is fuel in your area?

When we returned I tackled the kitchen. I went through all our cabinets to weed out anything that didn't have a lid with if was supposed to, for things we just didn't use, for cans and bottles with their expiration dates long passed and just generally straightened them all up. Now Bob even has a shelf where "his" stuff goes in the pantry. Stuff I won't eat. Refried Beans. Kipper....and the like.

I also got all the mirrors shined up in the living/dining room. The desk area has been rid of all useless papers and it is all dusted and straight. I'm just moving right along.

Once again the heat is getting us down. How someone lives in the desert all year round is beyond me. It was even too hot to cook so we ordered a pizza in for dinner.

So today was a day for major changes in how our winter is going to be spent. Then again, maybe not. Time will tell.

4 comments:

BUD AND SHELLEY said...

Oh my goodness Snookie!!!
Well you have your work cut out for you.But if I could I would like to give you a bit of advice, have your workers do the work! You will have enough work to do yourself. Good luck and I hope it works out for you. I will be rooting for you.

Peggy & Bill said...

We are still in Virginia Beach & we filled up with diesel a week ago & paid $3.95. That was the cheapest we found. (Shell) Texaco down the street from campground is $4.09 I think. Picture of your campground looks nice. Roomy between sites. How far from Apache Junction is Arizona City? Would love to see you guys sometime during the winter if you aren't all "Activitied" out! Congratulations! You'll do a great job.

Mrs. Monty said...

Congratulations, on your new job!! I'm sure you will do a great job with it. Maybe things will run smooth for you and you will end up with some really good work kampers to help. Good luck!!

LaVon Baker said...

You can do it! It will be a great winter at Quail Run.
We bought gas in Owasso, OK last night for $3.12.9/gallon!!