Wednesday, December 10, 2008

12/10/09 Time to Decorate The Tree

Today the Activities Team finished up the last finishing touches of the decorating and decorated the tree in the Carnaval Room.

I wish I could say it was smooth sailing getting this done but that wasn't the case. I can't remember how many times we put the lights on and took them off and then had one string burn out in the middle. I think Darrell was ready to chuck the whole thing in the trash!

IMG_5719

It took us awhile to straighten out all the branches and un-curl the ends and a few had to be tied "up" with fishing line, but soon it was ready to start adding the Christmas balls. We did the tree in blue, red and silver.

Darrell setting the angel in place.

IMG_5720

Dona getting the balls on the upper branches.

IMG_5721

Uh-Oh, we lost the lights all except the bottom string. This is not good! Dona was able to play with the plugs enough that they came back on.

IMG_5722

Whew, done and all the lights are still lit!

IMG_5723

I'll go back tonight and take a picture when its dark.

This afternoon Jeannie and I went shopping for New Year's Eve party hats, noisemakers and plastic champagne glasses.

I've got to get a grocery list together for a trip to Sam's Club for all the stuff we'll need to make all the appetizers we'll be making for the big night.

I think I have lucked out again. I just had two new workampers arrive and they used to own a restaurant/bar and Ann asked me if it would be OK if her and her husband "man the kitchen" New Year's Eve and keep all the platters filled throughout the evening. She said they aren't much on partying and are "at home" in the kitchen on New Year's Eve. I agreed before she could change her mind!

No comments: