Sunday, December 14, 2008

12/14/09 A Season for Parties

Today we just hung around and relaxed for most of the day. After our busy day yesterday with me working for an hour in the morning to catch up on a few things and the dance last night, well we're just plain tired! On top of that, Bob didn't sleep well last night, he was up for most of it.

Last night we had our Christmas dance with Cactus Carl spinning the tunes for us. We had a pretty good turn out and even a surprise visit. Santa came to let us know he was making his list and checking to see if we were being naughty or nice. A few volunteered that they were being bad every chance they got.

IMG_5747

Here's Santa gettin' his groove on. OMG, when was the last time you heard that phrase????

IMG_5749

Jeannie and Santa dancing to a slow one. Santa is our own Al Winters, he'll be playing Santa at the Arizona City Children's Christmas party next week. This gives him a chance to practice his Ho Ho Ho's. I must say, he has that down pat and is a wonderful Santa.

IMG_5751

I just love this picture of our friends Bill and Kim.

IMG_5764

A good time was had by all and the dance was a success. Not too many pictures this time because I was on the dance floor every chance I got. One can't dance and take pictures at the same time.

As I said earlier in this post we vegged pretty much all day in preparation of this evenings activities. Well, I vegged, Bob was under the weather all day so he missed the party this evening. Tonight Jeannie and her husband, John, gave the workampers a Christmas party.

I went in early to take pictures of the room before the party-ers arrived.

IMG_5772

All the tables were decorated like wrapped presents.

IMG_5779

IMG_5773

IMG_5774

IMG_5777

Waiting for dinner to be served.

IMG_5781

It was finally time to eat!

IMG_5782

It was hard to pass by the dessert table on the way to the main course tables.

IMG_5785

Santa must have really had his doubts about his list as far as the workampers were concerned because he was back again tonight!

IMG_5790

There was a sing a long session to the evening so I picked up the camera real quick so that Jeannie didn't stick that microphone in my face and want me to sing out loud. What a catastrophe that would have been! I can't carry a tune in a bucket!

IMG_5792

Remember looking at those pictures of yourself sitting on the department store Santa's lap and you kinda looked like a deer in the headlights? Kinda scared to death? Well, that's what we have here. Santa was good enough to give his lap to everyone who wanted their picture taken with him and here is our resident Irishmen looking absolutely scared to death! I don't think he's afraid of Santa, I think he's afraid Santa is going to ask him if he's been a good boy or not. If you knew Casey you'd know the answer to that one!

IMG_5803

Hmmm....were these two so bad they have to suck up to Santa now?

IMG_5833

These two look like Santa told them they were getting everything they asked for! I wonder if there will be a new camera and a new laptop under their tree Christmas morning?

IMG_5834

The "real" Mrs. Claus to our Santa.

IMG_5805

Here's Dona doing the twist with Casey. I don't know if she's on the way down for "how low can you go" or on the way back up. Regardless, it looks like it hurts!

IMG_5840

Ahhhh,,,,,but not as bad as Casey was hurting from the looks of it. He got down but couldn't get back up!

IMG_5841

Now I have to be honest, I missed a good portion of the dancing part of the party. This party was scheduled for the same night as the Survivor finale! What was Jeannie thinking? After all, she a Survivor fan too. I slipped off to the Cantina to watch the TV in there and soon she was in watching with me. The one I wanted to win did so it was a good season for me.

We had a very nice party, good food, good friends, good music and a good Survivor finale!

No comments: