Sunday, December 21, 2008

12/21/08 Oh, I forgot!

I wrote the post for yesterday and forgot the most important thing of the day! Yesterday was the Arizona City Children's Christmas Party. I didn't get to the party itself, I woke up and was like a slug! I just couldn't move to get out of my own way. I guess every once in awhile things just catch up with you and you have to let yourself rest and rejuvenate. Unfortunately, for me, it was yesterday. I did make it time for the group picture being taken of Santa, Mrs. Claus and all the elves and of course Val, the lady we all give our time to to pull this off for the kids. What a special people these folks are!

IMG_5875

When Bob and I arrived at the golf course restaurant for the appreciation luncheon the above picture was being taken by Santa's real life wife, Carol. Everyone wanted one taken with their camera! How many cameras can you count?

IMG_5876

This is the tree that Quail Run made arrangements for through Lowe's Home Improvement store. I swear they picked the prettiest shaped tree out for us. It doesn't look like it here but this tree is about 8 - 9 feet tall!

IMG_5879

The sad part about the whole thing. Only half of the children that registered for the party showed up. Only half! It was a beautiful day so it wasn't the weather keeping them away. No one knew of anything going on in the area that parents would take their kids to instead so it was quite a puzzle as to why this happened. To say that Val was hugely disappointed would be an understatement, but Val being Val looked at it with a positive note telling me that she was way ahead of the game for next year! Yep, that's Val, her glass is always two thirds full.

So what did we do today? Today Bob hung out with his truck some more and I went shopping at Sam's Club with Jeannie. We got a large portion of the New Year's Eve shopping out of the way. The stuff I was buying in bulk anyway. We had some major full carts I hope to tell you! Jeannie pushed one and pulled another and I had the super loaded one to push. I was afraid we weren't going to be able to get it all in the car. We did, barely. From there it was off to Joann's Fabrics. Oh the sales they had on Christmas stuff! The coolest decorations and I have no place to put/store them. I really think we should go back the day after Christmas and get new things for the park. After our shopping spree we went for a very nice lunch in one of her favorite restaurants. I think it was Macaroni Grill and it was good! One problem though, the bread was too good. By the time we finished our meals we were stuffed!

Luckily for us the camp-hosts were in the Cantina when we arrived back at the park and they helped us unload the nearly bursting at the seams car. All of a sudden I realized that we brought back a lot of stuff that has to be refrigerated and put in the freezer and I already have 6 hams and 7 turkeys in there! Well, the turkeys were taken out because they were ready for thawing anyway. We rearranged things in all three appliances and then rearranged again....and again....and again until we finally got everything in and could close the doors. I'll be glad when Christmas gets here and we can empty these refrigerators!

When I got home for the evening I was still feeling a little full from our late lunch but had to cook for Bob..... so I ate again. When I finally waddled off to bed I vowed that no food would pass my lips the next day!

No comments: