Wednesday, December 3, 2008

12/3/08 A Little of This, A Little of That

On my way to the office this morning I passed our neighbor, Don, The Peacock, playing horseshoes. I think I brought him luck but he would probably tell you it was his natural ability.

IMG_5602 IMG_5603

IMG_5604

It was a quiet day in the office today, not much going on and that's a good thing! The Christmas decorating is still going on and park is abuzz with activity.

Tickets sales have started for New Year's Eve and those tickets are flying out the door.

This afternoon the Helping Hand ladies were hard at work making the chemo caps and pillows for local hospital cancer patients. That's Carol in the lower right that we stayed with in Utah. She and Steve arrived on Monday and are parked right next to us. Its so nice to be near them again, such nice people and good friends.

IMG_5605

Here's another "Olympic Row" resident and my friend, Kathy L. (right) busy at work sewing a chemo cap. I think its wonderful what these ladies give so unselfishly of their time to do for others.

IMG_5606

Billie, (Mrs. Peacock) so intent on what she's doing.

IMG_5609

I caught this one by surprise. You never know where I'll be lurking with camera.

IMG_5607

Our food drive is going very well. Everyday winter residents are bringing in items for the local food bank. We put the word out that peanut butter and canned fruit were especially needed and today one couple brought in a half dozen jars of peanut butter and a half dozen jars of jelly to go with it! The winter residents in this park are second to none as far as generosity is concerned!

One lady came in the office today and I just had to get a picture of her T-shirt. She told me that the prison, which isn't too far from here has a gift shop! I've never heard of such a thing but she told me that you can buy all sorts of things that the prisoners make, lots of stuff made from license plates! I'm gonna have to check this out.

IMG_5611

After dinner we just kicked back and watch TV. Bob was tired after all the climbing up and down the ladder all day stringing our lights. It's really coming along. I'm sure he'll be glad when its done because he's getting tired of answering the question, "When do you turn the lights on?" The answer? Not until every light and decoration is in place!

2 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

Oh, I miss all of you so much! Please tell everyone HI for me. Tell Billee to give Mr. Peacock a big ole kiss for me. Kathy looks wonderful! And Billee! And Carol! [heavy sigh]
I love what the girls are doing for the hospital patients.
Snookie, you're doing such a good job with everything.

Snookie said...

Oh LaVon, I can't in any way, shape or form take any credit at all for the work the ladies do for the chemo patients. This has been going on long before I came here.

Snookie