Thursday, December 18, 2008

12/18/08 TODAY IS THE DAY!

Today is the day I've been waiting all week to write about!

I took off for the day at noon and Bob and I got in the truck and headed to Tucson. Destination? Beaudry RV. No, we didn't get a new rig, but we did buy something!

IMG_5867

That sign is in the windshield of this.

IMG_5858

We bought that truck that Bob was drooling over last week when Beaudry came to Quail Run for donuts and coffee. It's a 2006 Ford F-550.

IMG_5857

I've got pictures from all sides.

IMG_5862

IMG_5863

Even the inside.

IMG_5864

IMG_5866

This truck is just about perfect! Very low mileage, no rust, interior like new and every option and addition you can think of.

We took care of the financial end with Tracy....

IMG_5859

....and then our salesman, Marty Lopez handed over the keys to Bob.

IMG_5860

On the way to dealership I asked Bob which one of us was going to drive the new truck home. He told me we could flip for it and that the coin was in the glove box that we would use. Heads on both sides and he would call it! I knew there was no sense in arguing this one with him.

We decided not to trade our F-350 because of the ridiculous amount they were going to give us for it. We know we can sell it for more on our own. So both of these trucks are ours for right now. Know anybody in the market for a well taken care of Ford F-350 diesel with all the bells and whistles for towing with only 85,000 miles on it? Its a 2000 model and we have all the documentation of oil changes, the few repairs its needed and other maintenance records.  There is no rust, no dents and it is mechanically sound.  Someone is going to get a very nice truck!  If you know anyone in the market, send them our way!

IMG_5861

We took a ride in the area before we actually took possession of the truck and saw this sign.

IMG_5851

Kilometers? In America? I'd like to know the story behind this one!

So we finally took off for home. Me in the 350 and him in the 550.  I snapped this picture as we were driving down the highway.

IMG_5871 

This is one Happy Camper!  That's a THUMBS UP he's giving me.

IMG_5872

He headed straight home and I headed to the new grocery store in Casa Grande. My first stop was at a grocery store where I had to get a refund for the price difference in the hams I bought for Christmas dinner. I saw the same thing advertised for thirty cents a pound cheaper at another store the day after I bought these and the store agreed to refund the difference to me.  If this was just a nine pound ham it would be no big deal but I had 59 pounds of ham to get a refund on.  You do the math.

From there it was on to Fry's new grocery store. They were having lots of specials and double, triple and quadruple coupons plus 10% off the entire order. I had the list of things we need for New Years Eve with me and I went shopping! I finally ended with a bill of $107.53 and after specials, coupons and 10% off I paid $56 and change. I got some strange looks when I put 30 boxes of cream cheese on the counter next to 10 pounds of brown sugar. I ended up crossing several items off the massive shopping list I have but its a start, a cheap start at that.

3 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

O my gosh! The 550 is beautiful! Bob's in hog heaven, isn't he?!? I can't wait to see it.
TWO new grocery stores in CG? Don will be so happy. The grocery shopping has been less than enjoyable for him in Kansas.
I can't get over your new truck, but something told me you were going to be the proud owners of it before too long.

Peggy & Bill said...

Bill said "Oh my Gosh:!!! Wow! In the picture it looks like Bob is saying "Just Give Me The Keys!!" Enjoy! Good thing you are a wise shopper since you have to fill that fuel tank!!!

Lou said...

I just love that new truck.....