Sunday, December 28, 2008

12/28/08 The Rest of the Weekend

This is part 2 of a post on this date. Scroll down to read the first part and then back up to read this.

In the early afternoon Kim and I went shopping. We caught the after Christmas sales at Penney's. Oh boy, did I clean up! I got a very nice quilt on sale, something I've been looking for for some time now. Getting $60 off the original price made the find all the sweeter! I got two pairs of jeans on sale. A blouse that was originally $46 on sale for $12.00! A lightweight jean jacket that was originally $58 for $16.00 Yep, I did pretty good!

The hardest part of shopping was getting around. I'm having a lot pain in my left leg. I first though sciatica but after reading the symptoms online I'm not so sure now. With that, the pain goes down the back of the leg and I'm experiencing pain down the front from where the leg bends to the knee. The pain feels "deep" like its near the bone. I don't have a clue what is wrong but three Aleve take care of it. If this doesn't work itself out in a few days then I'm going to have to see someone. Getting in and out of cars/trucks is murder!

Friday evening we joined two other couples Kim and Bill, Ginny and Paul, for dinner at the local golf course restaurant. They were having their Friday night seafood buffet and the five of them were just in heaven. Me? I had a rib eye steak with a baked potato, thank you very much. The five of them raved about their dinners so I'm sure we'll be going back again a time or two or three or four. While the food was good the company was great!

We called it a night after dinner and went home. It felt better for me to lay down, for awhile anyway.

Saturday brought a sunshiny day but it was a little on the cool side. In fact, it was warmer in Delaware than it was here.

We had a "spa day" here in the park. Well, I don't know if spa day is really the right term but its what we called it. A local salon, Shear Gossip, sent two nail technicians to us to give manicures and pedicures. We set them up in the library room of the Oasis and they went to town.

Here's lovely April getting a manicure. She is such a sweet lady.

IMG_5904

Marge getting a pedicure. She was in heaven!

IMG_5905

If these feet were wearing ugly socks you'd know who this is!

IMG_5908

I've never had a pedicure and can't even imagine doing that. My feet, especially my toes, are ticklish so I don't think I could sit still for one. Now a manicure is something different. I've had over two hundred of those over the last twenty years as that's a once a month thing for me.

When we announced we were doing this our appointment book filled fast! This is something we will definitely do again. We're looking at Valentine's Day and the possibility of three techs coming out next time. With the response we had this time with such short notice that it was going to take place, well, three techs next time are a must.

New people are pulling in every day now. Over the next two weeks or so I imagine the park will really fill up. Maybe not to the max like it was last year because attendance is down all over the place, but at least we won't see big empty spaces.

We have a real busy January coming up and I'm still booking acts where ever I can. I had a lady talk to me in the laundry room the other day and she asked me if I was still looking for people to entertain. Thinking she played an instrument or something I asked what she did. She chuckled and said no that it wasn't her but that she had a friend who is a member of 9 piece band and they play for gas money. The band members are all retired and just like to play to keep their skills up. Some are even former professional musicians. They like to play for sing a longs and they play big band music too. Hey, for gas money I can book them for an afternoon gig and tie it in with a lunch and charge a few bucks and everyone is happy.

We also have a taco night in the plans complete with a Mariachi band! I hope that one works out because I think that would be a fun dinner.

For those who have been following since at least last year,,,,,I'm even thinking about doing a spaghetti dinner. OMG, I can't believe I just typed that! But I am all the same.

So we're up to Sunday. Today I hung around in my robe until 1 p.m. and then got dressed only because there was a knock at the door and it was the lady who owns a park model we wanted to see. She had come to visit a friend here, they moved to a regular mobile home park nearby, and she heard that Bob and I had been by to see it on Friday. Well, she stopped to ask if we were still interested and if so she would be around for the next hour or so. Needless to say I got dressed immediately and within ten minutes we were knocking on the door. It's a park model that is on a very nice lot, has its own orange tree which was just loaded today with bright orange orbs and and a brick patio in the back. It is an older model and needs some work which makes Bob a very, very happy camper. This carpenter has been idle too long and I just know he misses having a hammer in his hand and the buzz of a saw in his ear. The structure is sound, the mechanics of the rig are new or fairly new and a roof was installed two years ago with 30 year tiles. The interior needs updating with new carpet, it needs painting and I would like new cabinets and countertops eventually. Its all cosmetic and wouldn't cost an arm and leg to get updated. Oh yeah, its also unfurnished which I find to be a good thing! Its on the short list.

We had an ice cream social today and the Red Team handled things without a hitch. While that was going on I did a load of laundry and visited the ice cream eaters.

One other thing I did this weekend was go to look at the lights in the neighborhood outside the park with Steve and Carol, the couple we stayed with in Salt Lake City this summer. We were surprised at how few homes were decorated.

I was checking the stats for the month and noticed that we have a new reader from Ottawa, Canada. I know this because he/she read 117 pages just today. Welcome Ottawa!

After dinner I finished what you are reading now and watched TV and read some of Barbara Walters book Audition.

No comments: