Saturday, February 13, 2010

2/13/2010 Snowmageddon???

Ok, east coast friends, we get it. You have snow! (and we don’t!) You really know they’ve had enough of the white stuff when your friends start sending pictures of not only spouses outside shoveling and mounds of snow taller than they are but when they send pictures of their snowmen,,,,,,

image

Fear not friends, spring is right around the corner. Pretty soon crocuses will be sprouting, the tiniest of buds will be visible on the trees and already the wildlife are out and about……

image

Meanwhile, here in the desert, this is how we are spending our days.

IMG_3253

I guess he wanted to make sure he wasn’t going to sink!

IMG_3252

Even though we have sunny days and temps soaring to the 70’s we are seeing our own signs of spring.  Here is a picture of a hummingbird nest that has two teeny tiny little eggs in it.  I’m hoping to get a picture of them soon.

IMG_3247

I have to wonder if the mama bird picked this location using the small pinecones as a form of camouflage.  Take note that the nest is even smaller than these small cones.

IMG_3248

I must have gotten a little too close for comfort because it didn’t take long for the mama bird to come winging back.

IMG_3250

We’ve got a really busy week ahead of us as our Winter Olympics is starting.

2 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

LOVE your picture of the "bird who forgot the words." (a Thelma Taylor quote)
Am I imagining or are you writing with a new inspiration? :-)

Snookie said...

I think its your imagination because I'm writing the same as I always have.