Thursday, February 18, 2010

2/18/2010 Winter Olympics – Day 4

Whew, another easy day today, only one event today for us and its mine, Ping – Pong!

I have not picked up a ping pong paddle since last year’s Olympics and I wasn’t any good then. My lack of playing and practice did not help today.

We started the event off with singing the National Anthem and we were accompanied by none other than the Peacock of Park himself, Don Walrath. Don plays the harmonica and he actually played that difficult song very well.

IMG_3458

Donna and Judy after their match. Its all in fun here, no matter who wins or loses we’re all still friends at the end of the day.

IMG_3474

This was also a double elimination game and I lost both of mine in short order. Actually the scores were pretty close each time but I lost both my games. I wasn’t sorry, we didn’t have ball chasers and those ping pong balls can bounce pretty far and its tiring chasing them!

Marlene was one of my opponents.

IMG_3473

Bob came over to cheer me on and I think he was surprised that I can play as well as I did. As long as no one is slamming the ball back at me I can keep it going pretty well, nice and easy, that’s the way I play.

Our three medal winners, Peg, Pat and Deanna.

IMG_3480

We have had the perfect week for the Olympics this year. Sunny, blue skies and the temps up in the mid to high 70’s. It was like it was made to order.

No comments: