Monday, February 8, 2010

2/8/2010 I Get the Most Amazing Stuff in Email!

Do you look forward to reading your email everyday? I do! I get the most amazing stuff. Oh sure, like you, I get the same joke from several people over the course of a couple of days but if you saw my address book you could understand why.

The problem with my email is that I don’t delete it right away as soon as I read it. Sure, some of it I copy and paste and send on to those in my address book and those are generally gone the same day….but not always. Then I have the ones that I save to a file for later use. A joke I laughed out loud at, some information I may want to pass on through this blog, a recipe I got and want to try someday and the Youtube videos that I just know I’m going to want to watch again. I just cleaned out my inbox and I still have 83 emails I’m hanging on to.

There’s one thing I don’t like about email. I think there should be a law against forwarding. I don’t like forwarding as I hate to have to scroll through all previous email addressees before I get to the joke or whatever is being sent. To tell ya the truth, if you forward stuff to me and I have to do a lot of scrolling to get to the meat of the email time after time, well it won’t be long before your emails are just deleted without even being read. I used to worry about missing out on a laugh out loud joke but not anymore. I finally figured out that if it is in fact a real knee slapper, I’m gonna get it from somebody else that took the time to copy and paste.

So all this talk about email must be leading to something…..right? You betcha! I’m going to share some of the really good stuff I’ve gotten recently.

As you know, my forever friend, Susan, is in a battle with the Big C. The day after I posted that open letter to her LaVon, another name you long time readers are familiar with, sent me the link to a site for Cleaning for a Reason. This organization hooks up women who are battling any type of cancer with professional maid services. Once a month, for four months, a maid service goes into the home and thoroughly cleans it. As their web site says, “Its One Less Thing to Worry About”. For those of you who think this is just the greatest idea but are lucky enough to have no need for this, but want to support it, click on the link and go to the estore and purchase a mouse pad, a travel mug, a sweatshirt or one of many other items to show your support. This service is available nationwide and in Canada.

Maxine. Gosh we’ve all gotten great advice from Maxine over the years haven’t we?

image

She’s come out with another great piece of advice.

Always keep several
get well cards on
the mantle...
So if unexpected
guests arrive,

they will think you've been sick
and unable to clean.

I’m heading to the Dollar Store for a supply as soon as I finish this blog post!

How many times as child were you told not to play with your food? The creators of the following obviously were never told this.

image

image

image

image

WHO THINKS OF THIS STUFF??????

Have you listened to the 911 Call from Savannah? This five year old is so calm and collected while on the line with the 911 dispatcher while her daddy is experiencing chest pains…..well, I’d want this kid around if it was me, that’s for sure! Click on the link, you are sure to get a smile.

Have you ever used the F word? Be honest now, maybe you’ve never said it out loud but surely at one point you’ve thought it! At some times in our lives its just OK to say it! Case in point…..

If you are out boating for the day and this happens, its OK to say the F word!

image

If it’s your first day at a new job and this happens, hey go ahead and say it! We’ll understand.

image

Some days it just doesn’t pay to go to work! I think if you were responsible for this mishap the F Word would certainly be appropriate. I wonder if those container are waterproof?

image

Now tell me YOU wouldn’t be yelling the F Word if you had THIS in your bread bag!

image

I get a lot of emails with pictures of illusions in them and I like trying to find whatever it is that is hidden in the picture.

Can you find the ten faces? I can only “see” nine.

image

Only one face in this one, do you see it?

image

It took me awhile to find third woman in this one.

image

Let’s play THE LONGEVITY GAME!

Click HERE to take a short test to see how long you are going to live in your present lifestyle. According to this, I’m going to live a nice long time.

Advertisements. After yesterday’s Super Bowl, the commercials or ads are what everyone’s talking about. I was sent some ads from the 1930’s. Oh how things have changed!

image

What Would Jenny Craig Say???

image

This next one just blew me away!

image

I’ll never look at a bottle of Lysol the same way again!!!

Well, this helped me clean out my email alot! I deleted ones I held onto just in case I wanted it for the blog and used some so this was well worth it to me. I hope you got a chuckle or two!

3 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

I found TEN!

Anonymous said...

People are lazy - you can delete previous recipients of an email before forwarding it on! Makes it nice and tidy and doesn't spread email addresses.

LaVon Baker said...

ELEVEN!!