Friday, February 19, 2010

2/19/2010 Winter Olympics – Day 5

I think today was one of our busiest days yet as we were both scheduled for three events.

First off was ever popular Bean Bag Toss.

IMG_3488

Our friend Karen throwing the bags for the Gold.

IMG_3489

I’m taking my turn and failing miserably!

IMG_3505

….and Bob didn’t do any better.

IMG_3506

We went right from bean bag toss to mini golf. We heard a lot of cheering and a lot of “DAMN” as the little white balls twirled round and round the rim of the holes and still managed to end up on the green instead of IN the hole.

IMG_3511

IMG_3513

IMG_3521

We had both signed up for the putting event but I let that one go by, especially since I didn’t putt very well in the mini golf portion of the events anyway.

Bob participated, didn’t place in the medals though.

I spent the afternoon with Carl, also known as Cactus Carl here on the blog, getting all the pictures taken for the Olympics onto a DVD disc for viewing on Saturday at the closing ceremonies. Its quite a job when several hundred pictures have been taken and they have to pared down. I usually take two pictures at a time because I don’t like to show unflattering pictures. Sometimes, if the shots are candid I’ll catch someone with a strange look on their face depending if they are talking or if that moment their hand goes to their face or whatever the case may be. So each set of pictures has to be looked to determine which is the better of the two, if the background is ok, is it a good shot to begin with, well, you get the idea. This takes time! The next step is to get the pictures in the order we want them shown in. There’s a lot of moving the pictures around especially if I had to take pictures of two events simultaneously and they have to be separated by category. So this is how I spent the afternoon and when I left Carl it still wasn’t a finished product. He worked on it more after I left.

No comments: