Thursday, February 4, 2010

2/4/2010 So Much News!

I’m going to start this with a huge THANK YOU to those of you who took the time to respond to my post about my forever friend, Susan, and to those of you who are keeping her in your prayers even though you didn’t leave a written comment. I hope your numbers are many.

Susan went in for a biopsy on Tuesday and I talked to her when “came to” although she was really out of it because of the lingering anesthesia and the 30mg of Percoset. How did I know this? One of her fears was to learn that her whole lung would have to be removed instead of the just upper lobe. When she told me this news she said, “Hey Snook, they are going to have to take the whole lung”, and then she giggled. I knew then she was kind of out of it and I asked if she was on drugs. She replied, “Oh yeah, some really good sh_ _ and then she giggled again. I just told her that I would talk to her the next day because I knew that in all probability she wasn’t even going to remember our conversation.

So that is where things stand right now with my forever friend. Appointments are set up with doctors and treatments are being lined up and her attitude is nothing short of amazing. Her mantra seems to be, “it is what it is, now let’s move on and fix it”. I am pleased to announce that I have pulled up my big girl panties and I’m going to see her through this all the way. Watch out Big C..you don’t know who you are dealing with!

Bob and I have some news of our own. We are going home to Delaware for the summer! We had been looking for some camp host work in different areas and Bob just happen to look in the Delaware listings and found one last position open for the Delaware State Seashore Park, or as we Delawareans know it, the campground at the Inlet.

We had applied early last week and on Friday had our telephone interview. When we hung up I told Bob I had a good feeling about it, that I thought we were going to be chosen. Of course we had to wait until Tuesday to find out and we got the call Tuesday morning. So we’re heading home.

I called my mom yesterday and told her the news. It was so funny.

Me: Hi Mom, I’ve got some news.

Her: Oh, what?

Me: We’re coming in late April or early May.

Her: So soon, I thought you’d come later.

Me: We’re coming home for the whole summer!

Her: (Sharp intake of breath) THE WHOLE SUMMER?????

Me: Yeah, we’re going to be staying at the beach,.,……..

After I explained everything to her I asked if she had a feeling of panic when I told her we were coming home for the whole summer. She said, “OMG my heart jumped up to my throat! I couldn’t imagine you two staying with us all summer with no truck!” We had a good laugh, as much as I love them I couldn’t imagine living with them for three plus months even with a truck at our disposal.

So the parents are happy we’re coming home but bringing ours with us.

Here’s what Inlet looks like.

inlet

The water on the lower part of the screen is the Atlantic Ocean. The water going under the bridge is of course “the inlet”, the upper portion of water is the bay. The campground where we’ll be hosts, along with four other couples, is situated on the left side on the far side of the bridge. Not the area out in the water, that is the marina, just on the other side of the bridge. It is a parking lot type campground with some grassy areas, lots of sand and cement.

Bob is a happy camper! He can fish everyday!

We are only 90 minutes from family and friends and a lot of our friends have beach houses anyway so we’ll see them lots.

We don’t have a definite date for leaving AZ as yet but we’re going to give ourselves plenty of time to get home and be able to stop and sightsee along the way. Between you and me….I’m ready to leave now! Two years is too long to go without seeing family and friends.

4 comments:

skip and cindy said...

snookie, you and your friend susan are in our prayers. sounds as if you and bob are going to have a great summer.

Karen and Al said...

Susan will also be in my prayers.

I can't wait for you to get to Delaware. It sounds like a nice place. Lots of pictures please!

LaVon Baker said...

And Don and I continue to pray for Susan. Does she still live in Delaware?

Anonymous said...

If you'll be travelling I-44, stop in for a night! Barb & Dan