Tuesday, February 16, 2010

2/16/2010 Winter Olympics Day 2

Four events today.

Bob started his day at Men’s Horseshoes.

IMG_3379

He’s not a regular player and didn’t finish in the Medals but he had a good time and ultimately that’s what its all about anyway.

Here’s event coordinator Chuck C. and Al figuring out the scores and medal winners.

IMG_3415

From photographing the Men’s Horseshoe event it was right into Line Dancing for me. I figured since I had the camera and Carl had mentioned that he didn’t have any pictures of this years class, well, it was the perfect time to take a few shots.

I would say from the position of everyone’s feet I must have caught this one just as they were going into a turn.

IMG_3380

Sandy had called out that she wanted some ATTITUDE and my friend Kathy really took it to heart!

IMG_3383

As soon as line dancing was over we moved out to the Ladder Golf area.

IMG_3406

Our friend Karen, took Gold again for the second year, maybe even for the third year, I’m not sure. The funny thing is, this is the ONLY time she ever plays this game. She’s got the knack for it.

IMG_3385

Both Bob and I signed up for this event.

IMG_3405

IMG_3404

Done with my event, it was off to take pictures at Shuffleboard.

IMG_3390

This is a game that neither Bob nor I play but it is very popular here in the park.

IMG_3391

I had to take this picture! Bob A. is NEVER seen with his shirt un-tucked! (Sorry Bob, Nel made me do it!)

IMG_3392

Ginny, one of the sweetest ladies you’d ever want to meet, even if she does sandbag me when we play cards.

IMG_3412

On my way home for dinner I noticed the mama hummingbird wasn’t in her nest. Wayne, whose lot the tree is located on, pulled the branch down so I could snap this pic. These eggs are the size of small jellybeans. Take note on how small the nest is in relation to the just growing pinecone.

IMG_3422

Tuesday evening brought Men’s Pool.

IMG_3316

I have to say, compared to the Ladies Pool event, the men take this game much more to heart than we do/did.

Dan M. giving it his best shot.

IMG_3430

Our friend Bill took Gold for Men’s Pool.

IMG_3432

Men’s pool is double elimination. Bob’s first game ended with only the 8 ball on the table and Al took that game. Bob’s second game was just heartbreaking for me to watch. It was down to the eight ball and it was Bob’s turn. His opponent left what we thought was great shot to get it in and darn if the ball didn’t bounce between the two rails at the pocket and stop right on the edge! Probably if someone had stamped their foot it would have fallen in but it just hung there. I think Bob would rather have had his opponent run the table on him then have the game end this way. Regardless, both played well and it was an enjoyable game to watch.

IMG_3434From the pool hall it home for dinner and then to the Oasis for the Pokeno even at seven.

IMG_3437

In case you haven’t ever played Pokeno it is like Bingo only a deck of playing cards is used and instead of covering numbers like B-3 and I-19, you are covering a jack of diamonds and seven of club.

IMG_3436

My friend Betty and her sister “Buddy” waiting for the next number to be called.

IMG_3439

Walter S. runs the weekly Pokeno nights for the park. Donna trying to fill her card in her quest for a medal.

IMG_3440

It certainly has been a busy day!

No comments: