Saturday, May 1, 2010

5/1/2010 What’s for Dinner???

Mom and Dad had plans already in place for today. There is a First Holy Communion for one of their great nieces so they went to the church service and then to the party/luncheon afterwards.

Bob dropped me off at the home of my forever friend Cindy. After saying hello to her and her husband Mickey he took off to get a much needed haircut and then on to the VFW club to catch up with some of his friends.

Cindy and I went to the nearby shopping center because I had shopping to do. Since I’m going to be meeting my great niece, Talia, tomorrow for the first time I had some time to spend in the baby department. Why is it so much more fun to pick out little girl outfits than little boy outfits? I’m glad I don’t have ten great nieces, I’d go broke!

Next stop was the men’s department. Somehow, someway, Bob’s colored T-shirts didn’t make it to the 5th wheel. I don’t know how or why, they just didn’t. Luckily, Penney’s had a big sale going on and I picked up eighty dollars worth of T-shirts for just under thirty two. Cindy took notice of a store sale circular on the counter and it had a coupon for $10.00 off if I spent $50.00. I had already spent twenty one in baby clothes (having saved $18.00 due to sale prices) so I had to return the baby clothes and then re-buy them right away along with the T’s so that my bill totaled fifty so I could use the coupon. Hey, it was ten bucks! Tell me you wouldn’t do the same thing.

Nails were next. We went into this shop where all the nail techs are Vietnamese. That’s fine in itself but I absolutely hate it when they talk in their native tongue instead of English. You came to America for a better life, I know you can speak English because we just had a conversation, yet you talk to your co-workers in Vietnamese. Why??? Are you talking about me? Speak English, you are a citizen here now and we AMERICANS speak English!

Cindy dropped me off at home and Bob arrived shortly thereafter. Mom had already told me that we were on our own for dinner since they knew they wouldn’t be wanting a big dinner after the party today. What to have,,,,what to have. CHEESESTEAKS! Of course I chose that keeping Bob in mind. He hadn’t had a cheesesteak as yet, only a sub. I mean really, it would be my second one in four days but being the good wife I am I put my own needs and wants aside to make sure Bob had a cheesesteak. Never mind that he didn’t really want one. Trust me, I insisted for his own good! I knew he needed the carbs from the roll, the protein from the steak and he wasn’t getting enough dairy lately so the cheese fit the bill. Never let it be said that I don’t take care of my husband!

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

And you've got ocean front property in Arizona!!!