Sunday, May 2, 2010

5/2/2010 A Family Barbecue

After getting weekly chores like laundry caught up the four of us headed over to my only sibling Billy and our sister-in-law Michelle’s home for a family barbecue.

I was a little taken aback when we walked in and my great nephew Justin asked who I was. Then I remembered he was two and a half when I last saw him and him me. When I told this now four and half year old that I was Aunt Snookie he eyes got big and he had a huge smile, he knew the name! Now he could put a face with the name he had been hearing. His older brother, Steven, did remember me.

We finally got to meet Talia Michelle, born six weeks ago to my nephew Dusty and his wife Brittany.

We watched her sleep….

IMG_4752

We watched her eat…..

IMG_4758

We watched her cry,…

IMG_4755

and we marveled at her tiny little hands….

IMG_4753

We ate well with hamburgers and hotdogs and several salads.

IMG_4759

And cake. Let’s not forget the cake.

IMG_4792

After dinner we played.

We played with the football. Kicked two balls at once!

IMG_4764

IMG_4765

IMG_4766

Sometimes we only kicked one….

IMG_4768

IMG_4769 IMG_4770

With fierce determination the ball was run with….

IMG_4772

From football to bubbles.

IMG_4778 IMG_4779

IMG_4780

We visited with family and friends and we watched Talia some more.

IMG_4793

IMG_4794

IMG_4795

,,,,,and this was clue the day had come to an end.

IMG_4796

It was a wonderful day. Family, good friends, good food, watching kids play and getting to know our new great niece…..this is what HOME is all about.

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

Talia is sooo pretty. I know you had so much fun with them. Great pics of the boys playing