Friday, May 7, 2010

5/7/2010 Administrative Tasks

What a great day at the beach! The sound of seagulls coming through the open windows, sunshine abounds and the air is warm.

Bill paying shouldn’t be done on such a nice day. I wish this had been my only administrative task to take care of today. It wasn’t.

Remember right before we left Arizona, when Bob got that ticket from that cop that materialized out of thin air for not yielding to him at a stop sign? Well, that isn’t out of the way yet. Bob was fined $194.00 and will receive three points on his license unless he “ I “ go to traffic school which can be done online. I knew this had to be taken care of by the 13th of May and I figured he I had all week. Uh-uh. According to the online traffic school I chose, Arizona needs to have it done 7 days before the due date. He’s I’ve only got six now and he hasn’t I haven’t been “approved” yet. A copy of the ticket, his driver’s license and a form that was printed off the computer and filled out has to be faxed to the traffic school to make sure he is eligible. I made a call to the court in Arizona and asked for an extension. It was denied. Oh No! I begged, I pleaded, I promised her the stars and the moon. She gave Bob me three extra days. Whew! I am NEVER EVER going to procrastinate again!

We gathered all the proper paperwork and head out the door in search of the local UPS store where fax service is offered. When the UPS guy saw the traffic ticket and the form and made a copy of Bob’s license he said that a lot of people come into his store for traffic school. I was confused, he held classes here among the packing peanuts and cardboard boxes? He explained that the school part is done online and the test is done in his store on the computer and he is the proctor. Whoa! The guy I talked to at the traffic school didn’t say anything about this. The UPS guy laughed and said, “No, they don’t, this way no one can take the course and test for someone else because I have to compare the names on the ticket and the driver license of the person sitting at the computer.” Uh-Oh. Could Bob do this for himself? Of course. Does he want to? No! There’s a fishing tournament this weekend!

Ok, don’t panic Snookie, you can do this, think, THINK! I got it! I know how to get around this! I will write out all the important stuff, Bob can read it and will know enough when he I get that screen that says the test is taken elsewhere. I can picture it now….it will be a black screen and a blood red skull and crossbones will pop up and this hideously deep voice will laugh…HA HA HA HA and then say, GO TO THE NEAREST UPS STORE AND TAKE THE TEST!

I’ll worry about this later, we have to get the approval first. I did write a note to please rush it that time was short. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

We stopped at the Food Lion grocery store for bread and milk and a hundred and three dollars later we went home.

After getting everything put away I signed on the computer to check mail. Lo and behold….approval from traffic school!!!!! Now THAT was fast! There is a 48 hour window in which to do the course. Hehehe, they still aren’t mentioning the part about going to the UPS store to take the test. The house will be quiet tomorrow, I’ll do it tomorrow.

No comments: