Saturday, May 22, 2010

5/22/2010 Our First Day as Camphost

This is gonna take some getting used to!

We were up and ready to go at 7:30. Nobody else was until 9.

Bob started his day by taking a bucket and set of “grabbers” we have and he walked the campground getting trash. He filled an eighth of it and that took all of a half hour. Then he weed whacked for about an hour and then helped moved picnic tables to the dirt area on each site so the riding lawn mower could get through and of course this was only on sites that were open, which weren’t many. Bob’s day was done.

I went into the store to learn how to run the cash register and I hung around to ring up any sales that were made, a total of two, for the next hour. Then I went into the ladies room to see if there was enough toilet paper. There was. Day done. Now I did check it later in the day again and I did pick up an empty Coke can off the counter and throw it away. Then my day was really done.

Bob went fishing and I read and did a load of laundry and just hung out.

I let it be known today that from here on out Site 242 in the Delaware State Seashore Park is now officially - A NO COOK ZONE on Saturday’s. Capriotti’s tonight! YES!

3 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

You are breaking my heart. I feel so bad for you. I sure hope you make it through the season.

Tracy said...

You poor thing, you must be exhausted! LOL

Peggy & Bill said...

What a job! I think that's better than the one where I did the 3 bath houses & showers & one out house 2 years ago! LOL