Thursday, May 6, 2010

5/6/2010 It’s Time to Head Back to the Beach

Ok, we’ve been here a week. We need to get home and probably my parents need us to get home too. So today we packed up and drove back to the beach. It’s not like we’re not going to see my mom and dad again, my gosh we’re going to be here for 5 months we’ll see them lots more.

The ride back to the beach didn’t take nearly as long as did to drive to Wilmington. We were surprised at how many motorhomes and 5th wheels and travel trailers were in the Inlet Campground when we arrived. There was around ten when we left and the numbers swelled to around thirty five now.

It was a beautiful day today. High around 76, sunny and just a nice breeze coming off the ocean.

We got unpacked, everything put away, dinner out of the way and I headed to my friend Cindy’s house to watch Survivor. Her and her husband came down to the beach to their beach house for a long weekend. That’s a good thing for me because we don’t have local channels for our Directv yet and I couldn’t watch my weekly show.

This was also a good time for me give Cindy presents I’ve been collecting for her for the past two years. Cindy has a collection of postcards and I buy some whenever I see them when we go to a new place.

Cindy also collects anything dragon fly. I had four new pieces for her.

IMG_4830I think she likes it!

IMG_4831

I found this pretty dragon fly necklace in Alaska last summer.

IMG_4835

I found this less “dressy” necklace in California.

IMG_4836

This wire dragon fly was bought at a street fair in Arizona.

IMG_4834

When in San Antonio as few weeks ago I found this metal work dragon fly for her.

IMG_4833

She was very happy with her gifts and that made my heart happy.

We watched Survivor while Mickey read.

IMG_4837

Mickey didn’t read long. Wait till Mickey sees this!

IMG_4838

2 comments:

Karen said...

I can NOT believe someone has finally caught him in the act of "resting his eyes"!!! Bravo!!!

Anonymous said...

Karen's note was sarcastic to say the least. "Resting his eyes" is another phrase for tired or .....