Sunday, May 23, 2010

5/23/2010 He’s Bringing the Fish IN!

Another easy day at work today.

I went to the camp store first thing this morning so that I could “open up” while someone was around in case I had questions. I thought this was a good idea since the store is my responsibility tomorrow. Thankfully, it went smoothly. I hung around for a bit and then I did my toilet tissue checks and all was in good shape. Day is done!

Bob weed-whacked again for another two hours and then hit the jetty to get some serious fishing in. He’s started bringing them in. Of course he throws them back, at least for now, because our freezer has enough fish in it to get him through for awhile. The important thing is that they are biting and he is catching. Forty to forty four inch stripers are getting to be the norm now. Great fishing going on!

Do you ever see a commercial on TV that just makes your skin crawl? I feel that way about the Staple’s commercial that they have running right now. You know the one….WOW!! THAT’S A LOW PRICE! I HATE that commercial. For two cents I’d smack the guy that plays the more obnoxious shopper of the two. It came on TV tonight and I couldn’t take it anymore! I got on the computer and Googled Staples to get contact information. I just had to let them know that the commercial just grates on my nerves and that as long as it is running on TV I will be spending my office supply money elsewhere. Hey, I could need a box of paper clips! I probably won’t hear a thing from Staples but it made ME feel better!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

That's funny. I hate that commercial too, but it works. You remember the store because it gets on your nerves so much.

Karen and Al said...

I don't know that commercial, because we never watch them. We have TIVO and that is one of the benefits...no commercials...

Glad to hear fishing is so good there...we're having no luck catching anything here!