Friday, June 15, 2012

6/11-6/15/2012 Wind! Rain! Yuck! (kinda sorta)

This post is covering five days because we haven’t done a darn thing because its been windy, rainy and chilly. Well, that’s how it seemed during these five days. I guess looking back it was more like we suffered a stiff breeze, it drizzled a bit on Tuesday and was on the cool side not getting much past the low seventies and yes, the sun did shine sometimes.


I only worked until eleven on Monday, I don’t think Bob went in at all. There just wasn’t anyone taking their boats out. We were off Tuesday and Wednesday and I worked an hour and a half Thursday morning. Bob didn’t go in at all. Friday brought a full shift for me though I really don’t know why. I had a total of 7 or 8 boats being launched and even though it was “dead enough” for me to go home because there really wasn’t anything for me to do, I stuck it out because we have to get our hours in for our site. I did manage to find a few things to do to help pass the hours but it wasn’t easy.


On Thursday we had a sunny afternoon and I decided to get all of our laundry caught up. I had noticed birds hanging around the laundry room building but never paid too much mind to it because it seems to be a perch for the seagulls.


IMG_1773


When I went into the laundry these little brown birds went nuts! It didn’t take long to notice a circle of bird droppings on the floor and when I looked up I saw this.


IMG_1933


Next thing I know there’s a half dozen swallows at the door and they weren’t happy that I was in the laundry room. I knew I had to go get my camera and try to capture some of these birds and their flying antics.


IMG_1936


IMG_1937


IMG_1938


These shots were not easy to get! I have pictures that are just sky.


IMG_1945


IMG_1947


I do feel sorry for the babies in the nest because unless they take off flying and make it out the door, which I find doubtful, their first trip out of the nest is going to be a twelve foot fall onto a cement floor. Or on top of someone who is in there doing their laundry which could end up with disastrous results.


We rented two movies from the local Redbox machine on Thursday. Did you know that you can actually reserve movies in a Redbox machine? This was all new to us. One of the movies we rented is War Horse. If you haven’t seen this yet, by all means, rent it. Good movie! We also got The Grey which we’ll watch this evening.


Bob is still working as I type this so I guess he’ll also be getting in a full or nearly full day.

No comments: