Friday, June 22, 2012

6/22/2012 I’ve Got a Secret!

(Rehoboth Beach, DE)


Did you notice the city and state above? One of our readers, Jim, he writes, Tumbleweed, left me a comment a couple of days ago that he had to read deep into the post to figure out where we were and suggested that I put our location in the beginning. Well, I thought about it and it made sense. From now on, on every post that I remember to do it, I will list where we are. Thanks for the suggestion Jim!


These are pictures of the white birds around here? Herons? Loons? I don’t have a clue. I saw these this morning on the way to the marina.


IMG_2046


IMG_2045


Is it ever HOT! Summer has definitely arrived!


I was sitting outside this afternoon and this pigeon just hung around. Nothing I could do would make it fly away. I hope we don’t have a new pet that has adopted us. I never realized how colorful pigeons are.


IMG_2029


My cousin Ronnie and his wife, Patty, their daughter, Melissa and his mother, my Aunt Evalou, are coming down for a weeks vacation, arriving today. For the past week or so I’ve been sending notes to Melissa via snail mail. The first one said, “I have a surprise for you.” That’s it, nothing else. Two days later she got one that said, “Back in 1967, singing group The 5th Dimension, had a hit called Up, Up and Away.” The next one said, “Tuesday, or perhaps Wednesday.” Today, when they arrived, she got a clue that was attached to their parking pass. It was a list of old adages like, “A stitch in time saves nine”. A whole list of seven or eight and I ended it with, “And my personal favorite, What goes up must come down”. She doesn’t have a clue. And face it, at this point, neither do you.


I haven’t seen Melissa since we were home last, two years ago. The very first thing I noticed was that this girl has not been outside at all! She could give Casper a run for the money in the paleness category! Now granted, I’ve got a kick ass tan going on but this girl needs some sun!


IMG_2049


Bob and I are so looking forward to hanging out with all of them this week!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Balloon ride? Parasailing? those are my guesses!
ann

smdrm said...

Thanks for taking Jim's suggestion and adding your location. I read a lot of blogs and it's hard to keep up with who is where.

Selene, NC

Anonymous said...

Thos birds look like Great Egrets.