Friday, June 1, 2012

6/1/2012 Thick as Pea Soup I Tell Ya!

I knew when I looked out the window this morning that I wasn’t going to have much to do on the ramps today. I even wondered why I was even bothering to get dressed to drive over there.


When I finally found the truck got on the road this is what I was faced with.


IMG_1851


Nobody in their right mind would go on the water in fog like this.


IMG_1853


The further I went the denser it got. In the picture below you should be seeing the bridge I just came over!


IMG_1854


This bridge.


IMG_1772


The marina under fog.


IMG_1855


As expected, there were no trucks/trailers in the boat ramp parking lot. I hung around a little bit in hopes that it would lift but this fog was here to stay for awhile.


Before I left I was told to tell Bob not to bother coming in because there would be no boating today.


It finally did burn off and we watched the Inlet all afternoon and there was very little boat activity out there.


We are both thankful that we aren’t required to just sit around and put in the hours. We keep being told to enjoy this down time because it won’t last.

1 comment:

Russ Krecklow said...

Wow, that is dense fog, for sure! Glad you don't have to sit around in that stuff. Enjoy your posts, thanks for sharing.