Saturday, June 9, 2012

6/9/2012 They Said it Would be Busy!

With the beautiful weekend weather we are having it had been predicted that we would have a busy weekend at the marina ramp. Whoever called it, you were right!


When I arrived at seven my ramp parking lot was nearly full and I was kept busy all morning helping the boaters launch and ferrying drivers back from the remote parking lot. Before my shift was over I had that parking lot nearly half full. That’s saying something because it can hold quite a few truck / trailer combos.


I had to go to the store to buy what I needed for the side dishes we were bringing for the dinner tonight. Our plan was for me to take Bob over to the marina, go to the store and have Ronnie or Patty follow me over to take the truck back so he would have it when he got off. Before we got on the road Ronnie came over and offered Patty’s car for me to use, that sure made things a lot easier. It’s been quite awhile since I have driven a car and her little car is fast! And low to the ground compared to The Beast.


Ronnie checking on things in the smoker.


IMG_1911


We ended up having quite the crowd for dinner. Friends of Ronnie’s and Patty’s who live in this area came over and they didn’t come empty handed! They brought a bushel of blue claw crabs.


IMG_1915


Just smothered in Old Bay Seasoning!


IMG_1913


Fantastic pulled pork sandwiches, add in some oh so sweet corn on the cob, a squash, zucchini and tomato dish and a pineapple and cheese casserole, along with the cooler full of hot crabs and we had dinner! You can pretty much bet we made pigs of ourselves!


A busy shift at the marina, all this good food, time spent with family, the people we met this evening and enjoyed, well, I’d call it a good day!


And it wasn’t over yet. No indeedy! We had a sunset.


IMG_1916


IMG_1921


A perfect ending to a darn good day!


IMG_1925

No comments: