Monday, June 16, 2008

6/16/08 Our Last Night In New Mexico

We got up early today and wanted to get on the road. We probably wouldn't have rushed so much but there is a sudden death playoff in the US Open golf tournament and we want to see as much of it as could.

I'm sorry to say we didn't get out of here without incident. As we were pulling out we grazed one of those short pilings that outlined the sites. When the rig jolted my heart just stopped. I thought we had cleared them all. The damage isn't too bad and it certainly does not interfere with any of the functionality of the rig but I feel bad that it happened at all. Especially since I was the spotter as we were pulling out. I dreaded to hear what Bob was going to say but he took it very well and only had to say...."It had to happen sooner or later". Whew!

IMG_4139

Our destination today is Raton, New Mexico. This will be our last night in this state for awhile.

It was a long haul because we were mostly going uphill. Upmountain is more like it but that isn't a word.

My friend Cindy kept in contact by phone as to what was happening with Tiger and we made it to our stop at the 16th hole. We got the antennae up as fast as we could so that we could catch the ending of his fantastic playing.

We're in the Cedar Rail RV Park which is a Passport America park. Unfortunately they have some restrictions in their policy as far as giving the 50% discount. Since we didn't want to unhook and therefore needed a pull through site the discount didn't apply. They did offer us an Escapees discount of 15% so we gladly took that.

While we were setting up we didn't see anyone outside. I guess they were all inside watching golf.

Here we are all set up in our site.

IMG_4121

Our view.

IMG_4119

IMG_4120

We watched Tiger win the US Open....YAY TIGER! As soon as the tournament was over the campground came alive with people outside. I think I was right about them all watching TV.

We had an uneventful evening, dinner, TV and early to bed so that we can get an early start tomorrow.

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

The playoff was so fun to watch. I'm afraid it is going to cost Tiger the rest of the season, though. Playing a little bit of golf might not have hurt his knee, but 91 holes! Ouch.
Your view at this park in Raton was beautiful... green everywhere.
I'm so sorry your 5'er has an owie.