Thursday, June 5, 2008

6/5/08 So Much for Boondocking!

Well, boondocking didn't last long for us. Last night we thought we would have stayed a week here in this no cost to us state park but that all changed this morning.

It seems like everything ran out at once on us. The generator needed more oil to run, we needed more water in order for the pump to work, there was only one beer left, Pepsi's were running low and it was cool and drizzly outside. We couldn't turn on anything that needed electricity, including the coffee pot and Bob looked at me and said, "Let's get out here". OK, we can do that. I thought I would have had time to at least get a shower since I had a pretty bad case of bed head but he was definitely in "let's hit the road" mode. So we packed up as quickly as we could and hit the road!

Now I didn't think too much of how bad this head of hair looked until we were on the road for awhile. More about that later.

We traveled about 140 miles today to Cortez, Colorado. We passed some beautiful scenery along the way. Remember that you can click on each picture to enlarge.

IMG_3849

This is called Round Rock.

IMG_3853

IMG_3856

IMG_3862

IMG_3866

We're moving around much more than we should be right now. We don't have to be anywhere until the 19th of this month I believe. We've got to find a place where we can hang our hats for awhile, at least a week. We just haven't found the place yet that says to us, "This is IT, put the keys away."

IMG_3867

Uh-oh....Four Corners.

IMG_3868

This is a place I've talked about often in wanting to go there. This is where Colorado, Utah, New Mexico and Arizona all meet. There's a large monument, if you will, on the ground where the borders of these states all join. I had given a lot of thought of the fun pictures I would take here. We got close to it and Bob mentioned that it was just down the road. I told him to keep going that we would come back to it since we're weren't going to be that far from it when we stopped. He looked at me like I had grown two heads. I told him to look at me,,,,that the left side of my head had hair plastered to it, poker straight, and that the other side that I didn't sleep on was my usual curly. No way was I going out in public much less getting my picture taken. He just shook his head and muttered something I think I was better off not hearing. Four corners....we'll be back!

Look at the line that marks the different colors here.

IMG_3869

These mountains are pretty with the color variations.

IMG_3870

I love these road pictures.

IMG_3872

This is one my favorite pictures that I've taken.

IMG_3873

We make it to Colorado!

IMG_3874

I just sit and look out the window in amazement at the beautiful countryside.

IMG_3877

IMG_3879

IMG_3880

We pull in to the campground we are going to stay in for at least the next two nights. Its a small mom and pop type place and they are members of Passport America so we're only paying $13.50 per night. We picked our space and got set up. I fired up the computer because this park advertises free WIFI. Hmmm...I can't find anything to sign onto. I called the office and asked what I should be looking for and he says the free WIFI is in the office, to feel free to bring the laptop up there. Now this is a pet peeve of mine. If you have a WIFI HOTSPOT, advertise that, don't say you have free WIFI because to many RV'ers it means it is available throughout the park. Thank heavens we are only going to be here two nights.

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

Snookie, you have taken some amazing pictures here. As you know, I'm a cloud watcher, also, and the clouds in your pictures are soooo beautiful. I love the picture of the round rock and how that gray cloud is hanging there above the rock. Glorious pictures. I'm loving your touring!! Oh, yes.. girl you have developed quite the eye for dead trees!! I LOVE IT!