Friday, June 20, 2008

6/20/08 Welcome to SUMMER!

The first day of summer has finally arrived. Next thing you know it will be 4th of July.

I woke this morning to a very quiet 5th wheel. When I came downstairs this morning Bob was nowhere to be found even though it was only just past 7:30. Then it registered. Bob heard the fishing lake calling his name. I looked out towards the lake and sure enough there he was.

IMG_4157

This is what early morning on the lake looks like.

IMG_4158

I walked over to see how he was doing but he hadn't caught anything as yet.

IMG_4159

Back at the house I took care of some chores that had to be tended to and Bob had returned for the camera. Not too much later he handed it to me and said to look at the pictures he had taken.

Two bull elks! Just across the stream that we can see from our site.

IMG_4164

This one just laid there and looked back at him.

IMG_4168

Even though he was close to them they didn't seem to pay him any mind.

IMG_4172

IMG_4173

I took the time to get some laundry caught up while Bob fished again in the afternoon. He had much better luck in this fishing session as he caught two rainbow trout. This is the smaller of the two that he caught. This one is about 13/14 inches long and the other one was longer by about 2 inches. I would have liked to taken a picture of the larger one but it was already filleted by the time I thought of it.

IMG_4176

Needless to say Bob had his fish for dinner.

I took a walk over to the country supermarket that is just outside the campground. I'm glad I don't have to shop there all the time! Being the only game in town, unless you get in the truck and drive downtown, they can pretty much charge what they want and they DO! All the same it was well stocked and they carried just about everything a large supermarket does just not as many choices as far as brands are concerned.

We had a beautiful day here in the Estes Park. Our temps reached the mid-70's at most and there was a gentle breeze blowing all day.

I have to say that this is one friendly campground. If sitting outside and someone walks by you can be assured they will stop to talk for a minute or two.

Bob heard on the weather radio we have that we could be in for some hail tonight, golf ball size hail! Our awning came down in no time and we alerted the neighbors of what he had heard. Soon there wasn't an awning to be seen as the word went through the campground like lightning. Luckily, the storm passed us, maybe because we are in this valley surrounded by mountains.

Now LaVon, I know haven't posted a good picture of a dead tree in a few days but never fear I have one today!

IMG_3737

OK, OK, so its a recycled tree!

Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

2 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

Nothing gets by you, does it? Recycled trees. May it never be said that "Snookie does not have an imagination." I've got a recycled tree picture... I must post it tomorrow. See if you can find it?

LaVon Baker said...

Niiiiice park. Love the lake and stream. Tell Bob to be careful around those elk. The cows charge people if they have a calf nearby.