Sunday, June 22, 2008

6/22/08 Another Day in Estes Park

We could tell by the street traffic that the Rocky Mountain National Park was going to be busy today so we opted to hang around the campground today. This suited me just fine as I have a book I'm really into and I have laundry I want to get done before we pull out of here.

Bob spent his day, off and on, at the lake trying to catch his dinner. He ate chicken with me, what does that tell you?

I broke one of my own rules today. I went to the laundry room without my camera. Can you even imagine going to do laundry and not taking your camera with you???? Well, I was standing there in the laundry room, paging through a magazine and I happened to look up and what do I see standing right in front of me at the edge of the lake? A small deer! It had come for a drink of water and to munch on some grass at the lake's edge. I quickly calculated how long it would take me to run down four sites and get the camera. I took off for home and kept looking back to see if it was still standing there. This deer had absolutely no interest in what the humans around it were doing. Less than 90 seconds later I was back with camera in hand. Where is the deer? WHERE is the deer? Then I saw this brat little girl about 10 chasing the deer. DARN! My chance to get some really up close shots of wildlife and it was being chased away. Well, lesson learned!

The park really cleared out today and there doesn't seem to be many coming in to take the places of those who had to go home or those who have just moved on.

This was pretty much our day. Fishing, laundry, reading and missing great shots of wildlife.

No comments: