Thursday, July 17, 2008

7/17/08 A Vist in Salt Lake City

We were on the road by ten this morning, headed for Utah. We'll be staying with Steve and Carol, a couple who lived a few doors down from us in Quail Run last year. We found their place with little trouble and it was oh so good to see them again.

Steve and Carol have a mini campground on their property. It didn't start out that way but when they hooked up to the city water, rather than using the well, the requirements were to have a sewer drain every so many feet so they have several on their two acre property. Makes it nice for their RV'ing friends to come and stay. Plenty of room, sewer hookup and they run a hose for water and a cord for electricity.

After getting set up and settled in we walked over to their house and sat on the back porch. You would not believe the view they have. Bob and I would never leave the porch if we lived there! Did I have the camera with me? Yes. Did I snap some pictures? NO! Am I stupid? YES! Actually, I think I was so much in awe that it just never occured to me to get that camera working doing its job. I'll get some pics on here as soon as I can.

We went out to dinner where we all had very good meals. Of course, back at the house we sat on the porch gazing at the mountains in front of us and watching the city lights come on at dusk.

Before long we headed back to our house for a short while of TV before turning in.

Steve and Carol....thanks so much for having us!

2 comments:

Mrs. Monty said...

Today I caught up on the blogs and was very glad to hear that everything went well with Bob. It is a scary thing to make these trips to the hospital. Take care.

LaVon Baker said...

Once again, Don and I are so jealous. Would love to see Carol and Steve.
I understand about having the camera but forgetting to take pictures. I did that Sunday... all day.
Speaking of Sunday... I missed your phone call. I'm sure you are just so busy and having such a good time.