Monday, July 21, 2008

7/21/08 A Cheesesteak At Last!

I looked forward to dinner all day! Today I had my cheesesteak!

My mom babysits either Steven or Justin one day a week for my niece, Ryann. (Her other grandmother has the other and they switch back and forth each week who has which kid) Today we had Justin, the youngest. He hasn't quite taken to me yet as I'm still a stranger to him but before the summer is over I'm sure we'll be great friends.

I did have to run some errands and I stopped in to see my friend Cindy who lives close to my parent's home. As it turned out she was going out the door with her daughter to run some errands so I tagged along with them.

My brother came to pick up Justin and he followed me to the local county airport to turn in the rental car. After dropping the boys off to his wife, Michelle, we went to his sons house because Dusty is lending us his truck for our use while we're here. It needed a new battery which Dusty had and after installing it and visiting awhile I took off because I was looking forward to dinner!

I have thought about this cheesesteak as much as I thought about my favorite sub these past months and the time was here! I did refrain from taking my camera because after all I'm in my old stomping grounds and there was a good possibility I could run into someone I know. How do you explain why you are taking pictures of someone making a cheesesteak? In front of strangers, I don't care, in my own hometown, nah, not gonna do it.

Cheesesteak in hand, I headed for home. It was just a matter of time before I was going to enjoy that first bite and I couldn't wait. Let me tell you, it was everything I imagined it would be. Felt like I died and went to heaven. Everyone should have the pleasure of a Casapulla's cheesesteak once in their life.

Mom and I sat at the kitchen table this evening and talked and talked and talked. Then we moved to the front porch and then the front steps. We talked about everything! We played a lot of "remember when" and laughed so much. We each brought up so many things the other had forgotten about. Finally at 2 a.m. we decided to call it a night. Actually, we were shocked when we looked at the clock and saw how late it was. That old saying is right....Time flies when you are having fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Know you're thrilled to finally be visiting Mom and Dad. Have y'all have a wonderful trip. I envy you that cheese steak. Yours is one of the first and favorite blogs I read daily. Maryanne

Anonymous said...

Hey Snook,

I thought it was "Times fun when you are having flies."

ha, glad you are having a great time with family. That's what it is al about.

Joe