Friday, July 25, 2008

7/25/08 The Fisherman Returns

This humidity is kicking my butt! By Delaware standards the humidity hasn't been really bad, well, not as bad as it can get here, but to Bob and I who have been dealing with something like 14% humidity for a long time now this feels like the hot sticky air is just closing in on us.

I can't believe it has been a week since our plane touched down in Philadelphia, the time is flying by! One week down already.

This morning I went to Accurate Office Machines to visit with my former employer and friends there. This is Marie, she and her husband own this business and she is a very nice lady to work for and with.



Bev has worked for Accurate Office Machines forever and a day. One day during lunch we found out we had much in common. Our parents have the same names, Bill and Doris, we both have one sibling, a brother named Bill, we both married men named Bob, we went to the same high school, a 10 years apart and there is one other similarity and for the life of me I can't remember what it is.





Victor, one of the long time employees also has a birthday tomorrow so there was birthday cake and we got our picture taken together. Victor will be 80 and babysits his granddaughters, 3 and 5, two days a week. He says it keeps him young!




Afterwards I met with my forever friend Cindy and we did girlfriend things like going to get our nails done together. When my nails were drying the cell phone rang and it was Bob telling me he and his fishing buddies had returned and he was waiting at the VFW for me to pick him up. I told him to order a beer as my nails were drying and he would have to wait. I think he said something like, "OK, if you insist!" Oh yeah, like I was going to have to twist his arm on that one!

I dropped Cindy off at her house and headed to the VFW where I was sure to hear the tales of the big ones that got away. I wasn't disappointed.

Bob and his buddies have been making this trip to Oswego, NY for several years now. Sometimes there were enough guys that two boats had to be chartered and then there were years, like this one, that one would do. When we decided to fly east instead of driving Bob called his best buddy Bill to let him know that we would be home in time for him to make the trip. Six are taken out on the boat and the numbers were already there so it was decided that two of the guys would sit out a day so that Bob could get two days of fishing in.

Bob usually drove his truck to Oswego but this year he was able to be a rider, he finally got to see the scenery along the way that he missed in years past because of being behind the wheel. It couldn't have been anything spectacular because he didn't even mention it.

Here are some pictures he brought back from the trip.

His best friend Bill with his big catch of the day.

I don't know this fella's name, but he caught a nice one!

I'm still trying to figure out why the guys are so tired when they come home....

........ahhhh, must be those heavy beer cans they lift all day.

Here is Tuesday's catch.

Bob with two of the ones he caught.

Needless to say, Lake Ontario has less brown trout in it than it did a few days ago.

Back at my parent's house Bob filled the freezer with fish.

We had our first corn on the cob this summer with tonight's dinner. Oh my, how sweet! I'm always sorry that the fresh corn season is so short. We're going to have make sure we get our fill while we're here.

I'm glad the fisherman is home, now we can start on seeing family and friends that we haven't seen in much too long.

No comments: