Thursday, July 24, 2008

7/22/08 - 7/24/08 Catching Up...

Spent these three days catching up with friends, neighbors and spending time with Mom and Dad.

Mom and I have settled into a routine that we had years and years ago when I lived at home. We used to play a card game called Spite and Malice everyday when I would return from work. Its been years since either of us played but as soon as a block of time presents itself we find ourselves at the dining room table cards in hand.

The three of us find ourselves on their enclosed front porch watching the world go by reminiscing about years past. At the end of the day we're still at it until late into the night, I haven't been to bed before 1 a.m. yet! We've got fifty four years to go over and that's a lot of memories to re-live.

Wednesday we had storms come through in the evening and the heavens dumped almost 3 inches of rain on us. The weatherman out of Philadelphia said this area had 20,000 lightning strikes! Who sits and counts these things?

I've got a birthday wish to send out to Gail who is turning double 5's on Thursday. I called her and told her I'm glad I'm not as old as she is. That's a joke between us because I'm only two days behind her.

Fifty five! I don't feel 55, well of course I don't cause I'm only 54 and will be 54 until the clock strikes 10:55 on Saturday night. I'm not giving up one single minute of being 54! I'm in no hurry to get older. There isn't anything I can do about it but I'm in no hurry just the same.

Bob called on Thursday morning from upstate New York. The fishing wasn't all that good on Tuesday but they caught their limit on Wednesday, lots of brown trout and a few salmon. He sounded tired so this bunch of guys must be fishing hard and partying hard and he wouldn't have it any other way.

Bob and I have decided that we are going back to Quail Run in Arizona this winter. We were going to drive east and winter in Florida this coming season but we aren't done sightseeing in the western states and haven't even been to Oregon and Washington yet. With fuel prices the way they are we thought it would just be too expensive to keep crisscrossing the country. Since we've made lots of friends in QR we decided to return for yet another season. We are so looking forward to seeing all of you again!

I was looking at the stats for visitors to this site and I'm really curious about something. I can tell what city and state our readers are in and how many pages of the blog were read in any given time period from those cities. Our top readers are from Livingston, NJ, Reston, VA, Los Angeles, CA, New York City, NY, Huntington Beach, CA, Harbor City, CA and Riverside, CA. We don't know anybody in these places. So my question is how did you find our site? I'm just curious to know. And, why haven't you signed our buddy map? So readers from those places, and you know who you are, please leave a comment and satisfy this gnawing curiosity for me. You now know a lot about us and we don't have a clue about you!

Stay tuned friends, in the next couple of weeks my plan is to take you on a tour of Delaware!

3 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

Really! Who sits and counts lightning strikes??? Girl, you crack me up!
That's right! You have a birthday on Saturday, the 26th... tomorrow. Have a wonderful day! I know you will. 55? Hey, you can now order from the senior menu at IHOP! It's a right of passage thing.

Anonymous said...

I found your site on www.rvtravelogues.com.

ttprincess1226 said...

Happy Birthday, Snookie!