Saturday, July 19, 2008

7/19/08 Today We See Family

After traveling yesterday and staying up talking with our friend Diane, we both slept in a little later than usual. It was just as well because the first half of the day went much too slow for me anyway.


Today, my great nephew, Steven, turns four and there is a birthday party at my brother and sister-in-law's home for him. Family members and friends will be there and they don't know we're in town. My mom had been after me to tell her when we were coming home but I kept telling her we didn't have a date yet. In fact, when we were driving from Idaho to Utah she happened to call me and just before we finished our conversation she asked me again if we had our tickets. I started saying, "Hello, hello" and I could hear her saying, "Snookie can you hear me?" I just closed the phone shut and let her think the call was dropped. Little did she know we would home the next day. Now my dad did know we were coming because just two days prior I told him. He had also asked me our arrival date and I just couldn't keep it a secret any longer. I made him promise not to tell anyone but I was sorry I told him.
I had to make a run to K-Mart to get the latest in Tonka trucks for Steven's birthday gift and decided to stop in at Walgreen's where my dear friend and neighbor, Tanya, works. One more who didn't know we were in town. I was standing behind her and when she turned around and saw me she was so surprised she screamed and the tears started. It so good to see these people who are so important in my life again.

So the party started at two and we arrived at two-thirty. Just as we were walking around the side of the house a friend of ours was asking my mom where we were in our travels. Mom told her we were in Utah and just then we came around the corner and she saw me. She sat up straighter and looked and Becky said, "What is it, what's wrong?" Mom said, "Is that my Snookie?" and others were noticing us walking through the yard. I walked into the gazebo and she just sat there with a big smile and I finally said, "Mom, can I have a hug?" It took a few seconds for everything to register I guess and then I finally got the hug I was waiting for. My dad was in the house with my brother and when I walked in there Billy was surprised to me and I think Dad was just glad. So mission accomplished, we surprised everyone.

Steven was only two when we left so we had to be re-introduced and his little brother Justin didn't remember us at all as he was just a year.

Here's our birthday boy.

He is quite the water-rat and loves jumping off the diving board, something he has been doing since he was 22 months old. Indulge me while I show off my great nephew.

He does this over and over and over. And he never gets tired! Oh to have that much energy!



Soon it was time for the birthday boy to open his gifts.


He was one excited little boy when he saw this Eagles football jersey!

Gifts opened, it was time to hit the pool again. He loves getting thrown in by his Uncle Dusty.



So many pictures of Steven, I just have to share a photo of his little brother Justin.


Ok, I'm done, my great aunt needs have been satisfied, I've shown my pictures of these two sweet little boys.

I thought my parents were going back to their cottage at the beach for the remainder of the weekend so we made arrangements to stay at Diane's one more night since they had no idea we were even going to be here. Besides, we knew the A/C at Diane's was going full force and the heat and humidity were kicking our butts!


So longs said, we headed back to Di's for a few more hours of talking and catching up before heading to bed.


Life is sooooo good!












































No comments: