Tuesday, July 1, 2008

7/1/08 Escapade Day Three

This one is going to be short and sweet because I spent my day (six hours!) on the phone trying to get a computer problem fixed.

We wanted to make our new aircard a secure line and I had a dickens of a time trying to get this done. Victor, the guy from the 3G Store where we bought the air card and router from, was just wonderful! So patient, explained everything to me in terms I could understand and stayed with me until I did understand. I just can't praise him enough. In fact, all the personnel that I talked with at the 3G store were fantastic and I would buy from them again and again. In fact, I will be buying from them again as I forgot to order the booster antennae.

It seems as though we were missing an update from Toshiba for our laptop and therefore couldn't make the line secure. Victor told me I needed to contact Toshiba to find out the latest update needed. Are you surprised when I tell you that when I talked to "Jennifer" in Pakistan that she wasn't able to help me because she wasn't trained in that. EXCUSE ME? Then why are you in the Customer SUPPORT department? Oh let's not go there, that's a whole blog entry unto itself.

By the end of the day I was no further along because "Jennifer" and then "Steve" didn't/couldn't/wouldn't understand what I was asking for. I even called Victor from 3G back to make sure I was asking the right questions because I was getting absolutely nowhere! My request couldn't have been in any plainer words and looking at the web site I knew they had what I wanted I just didn't know which update I needed to fix my problem.

I was so frustrated I called 3G Store yet again to get a Return Authorization number so I could send the whole darn thing back to them. It was then that I was put in touch with another fellow. He helped me get the system secure in a different way, but in the long run, secure all the same and we are now happy campers!

Tonight's entertainment was a chance to sit down in the complex theatre and listen to Joe and Kay Peterson, Escapee founders, tell the story of how this all came about. Since we heard this already when we went to Livingston last year we decided to just skip this night and stay in.

This is a good thing....after the day I had I needed to veg. And after the day Bob had listening to me rant and rave, he needed to veg too.

2 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

Wish Don was awake so I could show him that slide out patio. That's too much.

Mrs. Monty said...

I think we should all sign up for the new country coach - of course somebody else would have to make the payments!! It was beautiful. Thanks for sharing it.