Tuesday, August 17, 2010

8/17/2010 Cavalier, North Dakota Turns Counter

I can tell by the Feedjit info that our reader from Cavalier, North Dakota turned the counter to 129,000. I can be so precise because I was 129,001 when I viewed the blog after posting and I just looked to see who came on before me.

When I sign on I'm never listed as Bethany Beach or Dewey Beach or even Rehoboth but rather some town in New York, Indiana, Illinois and sometimes Virginia. I guess it all depends on what satellite I pick up.

My stats tell me that a lot of pages are read from Livingston, New Jersey yet I never, ever see Livingston on Feedjit. So Livingston readers, someone please leave me a comment and tell me what town shows up when you sign on. I'm really curious.

Monday we said so long to Steve and Kerri and we really hated to see them go.

Tuesday brought a half day for me as I was going to spend the afternoon on the beach with my brother Billy, sister-in-law Michelle and great nephews Steven and Justin. Billy called me when they reached the beach and I went over around 1 p.m. I called him the phone and got his voicemail and knew right away that he put his phone in the beach bag and there was no way he was going to hear it ring. I walked that beach with chair and beach bag in hand from one end to the other and I couldn't find them. I called several more times and kept up my search and finally had to face the fact that with so many people on the beach looking for these four was like looking for a needle in a mile wide haystack. I gave up and went home.

It wasn't too much later a storm came in and the lifeguards cleared the beach. They came to the Inlet to see us and spent about an hour or so with us and then headed to Rehoboth to take the kids to the boardwalk for the rides. Steven starts first grade tomorrow,,,,yes, he goes to school tomorrow, the 18th of August, its still summer for heaven's sake! So this was his last hurrah before school. We've made plans to see Billy and Michelle Friday night at the Elks club when we head to Wilmington this weekend.

3 comments:

DeWayne and Joy said...

Wow, you guys have had your share of storms this summer, haven't you? So time is growing short for you in Delaware? Are you heading straight for Arizona from there?

LaVon Baker said...

We blink and our little ones are grown. (heavy sigh)

Bill and Treasa said...

I have shown as Livingston, NJ sometimes when using my Verizon aircard. It happens a lot when I am on a military base here in the center of the country. Always wondered about that.