Wednesday, August 11, 2010

8/8-8/11/2010 Four Days of This and That

Since our day at the festival last Saturday, we haven’t done a whole lot of anything.

My cousin Ronnie and his wife Patty, their daughter Melissa and his mom Evalou are here for the week. I’ve been spending evenings with them just sitting around talking and now playing Mexican Train as I’ve taught them the game.

Monday and Tuesday were work days for us. Monday my long day and Bob put in a full day as he has hours to make up for the end of the month when he’s gone for a week fishing. Tuesday, we both worked the store and it was such a long day. We just weren’t that busy!

It had to happen! We’ve been here three and half a months and we have both been lucky so far. Well on Monday morning the luck ran out. I guess that should be MY luck ran out. I knew it was going to happen just a second or two before it did. I just knew,,,I could tell somehow. There were too many and I knew one of them was just looking for a target. Seagulls! Know where I’m going with this? I was standing next to the picnic table talking to Bob before I went to the store and I had my left foot up on the bench of the table. A huge flock of seagulls were flying over and I just knew that one of us was going to get “hit”. It was me. Luckily it landed on my shoe and was easily cleaned up rather than on my head which would have required another shower. Like I said, I knew it had to happen!

Have you all seen the Walmart People pictures that circulate through email? It has been determined that Seashore Park could rival Walmart People. This would be one of my first entries. Mister Speedo! He has one in every neon color you can imagine. This man is 65 if he’s a day and unfortunately his beer belly doesn’t show in this picture. Its just as well, its not pretty.

IMG_5827

While most sunset picture takers were busy snapping pics of Mr. Speedo,( I’m not kidding) I did manage to get one of what we were there for.

IMG_5817

This is my cousin Ronnie. He is a master of one liners and he keeps me laughing.

IMG_5828

The other day we were talking about places we’d like to go and he told me he’d like to go back to Yellowstone and hike the back country. I asked him wouldn’t he be afraid what with the campers being killed by bears and all. He looked at me with all seriousness and said, “No, I wouldn’t be scared, I can run a helluva lot faster than the kids can.” He cracks me up!

Wednesday I spent the day with forever friend Elaine at the beach. What a great day! Four glorious hours on the beach soaking up the sun, enjoying the ocean breeze and talkin' with my girlfriend non-stop!

Bob spent the day taking the truck about an hour away to a Ford dealership to get the transmission serviced and of course we found out something was wrong. Not with the transmission itself but we do have a cracked turbo pipe,,,,whatever that is. I just saw $$$$$! And I was right. So the truck will spend its day back at the dealership tomorrow and hopefully we'll get it back by late afternoon . Its always somethin'.

No comments: