Wednesday, August 18, 2010

8/18/2010 Surf’s Up!

I forgot to post this sunset picture the other day and since it was so good I couldn’t just let it slide. I think you’ll agree.

IMG_5870

Today, it rained. And rained. And rained some more. By later afternoon it had finally stopped for a good while and we went into town to pick up our mail. What a mess that was. The rain had come down so hard and so fast that the ground just couldn’t absorb it fast enough and the streets were closed due to flooding and being in The Beast didn’t make for easy turning around. What should have taken us 25 minutes roundtrip took us an hour.

When we got back to the house Bob took notice of the surfing going on in the volleyball court.

IMG_5889

IMG_5892

THESE LITTLE KIDS HAD SO DARN MUCH FUN!

IMG_5893

IMG_5894

Bob napped all evening because his day will start at 1 a.m. tomorrow morning! Stay tuned to find out why!

2 comments:

DeWayne and Joy said...

That's one gorgeous sunset picture! I think it's your best so far. Did the rain bring some cooler temperatures?

LaVon Baker said...

I agree. Glorious sunset picture. And I love your pics of the kiddos playing in the water. What fun!!