Saturday, August 28, 2010

8/28/2010 So Longs, Lums Pond and Dinner Out

After getting the laundry I brought with me done and hung out to dry Bob and I drove over to my brother and sister-in-law’s home to say so long until next year. Being my only sibling, its never easy to say so long and tried as I might I can’t keep the tears from flowing.

My great nephews Steven and Justin were also there so we got to bid them farewell too. I imagine they will be a whole lot taller next time I see them. Why oh why didn’t I bring the camera with me?

After leaving there we went to a nearby state park called Lums Pond. This is where Bob and I would like to be camp hosts in two years. We went there to talk to the camp hosts there now and to see what it was like. A huge difference from where we are at the Inlet because its GREEN versus the tan sand we have now! Lots of grass and trees with HUGE campsites and fire pits at every site versus the parking lot we’re in. We talked about a half hour with the couple and decided that yes, this is some place we’d like to be. Its very close to our brothers and a lot of our friends, only 8 miles or so from my parents….oh yeah, this is where we want to be. The Badlands next summer and Lums Pond the summer after. Sounds like a plan!

Since Bob’s birthday is on Monday, Mom and Dad wanted to take us to dinner to the restaurant of Bob’s choice. He chose Michael’s. Its one of our favorites and i was so glad he picked it so that I could have Crab Imperial one more time before we left. Delicious dinners were had by all as usual. We’re going to miss having our blue claw crabs but we enjoyed them each time we had them this summer.

I took some candid shot of my parents catching them totally off guard as these pictures show.

IMG_5922

IMG_5923

Sorry mom and dad….

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

awwww. Love the pics of your mom and dad.