Friday, August 27, 2010

8/27/2010 Bob Returns, Our Last Weekend Home

I had the reservation cards to do this morning and everyone seemed to be leaving on time for a change. I did have a few stragglers but they weren’t too late so it wasn’t too bad.

I made up the cards for Saturday, packed the truck with the stuff I would need for the weekend and shortly after 1 o’clock I was on my way north.

I stopped at the booth on the way out to give say “cya” to Lynn but it was cut short by a truck behind me wanting to leave the park also. So I waved so long and was on my way. I stopped in Smyrna to get gas and when I reached for my wallet I pulled my hand back quickly like it had been burned! The reservation cards for SATURDAY were still on my seat! I didn’t give them to Lynn to pass on to Linda. OH NO! I was more than an hour into my trip home and I had a haircut scheduled at 3:30. This was not good! I didn’t know the number to the check-in booth and didn’t have Lynn’s cell phone number programmed into my phone. What to do….what to do…. Ok, I’ll call someone who I know is home who can look up the number on the computer. I’ll call KK….nope, she’s back in school, I’ll Elaine,,,,nope, her computer is down,,,SUSAN! I’ll call Susan in Georgia. Thankfully she was home and called me back within minutes with the number I needed. I felt so bad asking Lynn to make up a new set of cards for me as this was a busy check-in day. Lynn took it all in stride and said not to worry she would get them done in no time and everything would be fine. I apologized all over myself for causing her extra work.

I had a little bit of time to spare before my hair appointment and stopped for a few minutes to visit Wendy. Wendy was my dog groomer when we had our furkid, Shag. It was good to see her and her husband Randy. It made me realize once again how much I miss that little white dog.

Got the perfect haircut, said “Cya next year!” and out the door I went to pick up Bob. When he got in the truck we started talkin’ about his fishing trip and the “problem” was never brought up. At least it wasn’t brought up until we got to my parent's house. He was fine and naturally had some questions and concerns but overall he was fine. Whew!

For dinner we had Casapulla’s cheese steaks. Its the last one we’ll have until next year so we savored each bite. Nobody makes a cheese steak like Casapulla’s!

Bob went to bed very early,,,,can you believe at 8pm he couldn’t hold his eyes open and bid everyone goodnight.

My parents and I were up until waaayyy after midnight as we knew we didn’t have a whole lot of time left before we hit the road and wouldn’t see each other again for another year. We’re making every minute count.

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

"The Problem" Ha Ha Ha Ha