Monday, August 2, 2010

8/2/2010 I’m in a Commercial!

I have made it to radio! I listen to a radio station every night that is broadcast in this area and I wake up to the same station every morning.

This morning, the morning guy was asking listeners to call in and tell him where we listen from, what town, and what we’re doing when we are listening. For example, one lady called in and said I’m from Dewey Beach and I listen to you on the way to work. A fellow called in and said I’m from Millsboro and I listen to you when I eat breakfast. Well, the phone was right next to me on the nightstand so I called in and said, “I’m staying in the Delaware Seashore State Park at the Inlet Campground and I wake up to you every morning.” Since I had called in to the program once before to take part in a discussion that was going on and he knew we were fulltime Rv’ers and staying here he asked me if I was the fulltime RV’er he talked with a few weeks ago. He remembered me.

So what this all lead to was a radio commercial for his morning show. Its a compilation of all the people who called in. Its seems really strange to hear my sleepy voice on the radio twice a morning.

Today was our long day to work. I worked the store for eleven hours and Bob put in his morning hours and then came to hang out with me this afternoon for three hours as my ice man.

After sandwiches for dinner I went to check out the sunset and was once again pleasantly surprised.

IMG_5710 IMG_5716

IMG_5719

IMG_5721

Another good day in the lives of these full time RV’ers.

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

SOOOOO GLAD YOU ARE BACK!

That is so cool about being on the radio. Do they have a website so maybe I could hear you on the radio? That's so YOU!