Monday, August 30, 2010

8/30/2010 Happy Birthday Bob!

Bob’s birthday is today, one of the big ones, the age where Social Security starts! Sixty two! Damn, he’s old. Being five years younger, I can say that. Besides, seeing as how its my blog and my rules I can say anything I want!

For all intent and purpose it was just another day. No cake and ice cream, no party hats or balloons, just another day. In fact, it was just another workday. With Bob being gone for the last week on his fishing trip the place was lookin’ kinda shabby since it seems no one but Bob will pick up the weed-whacker. So he spent his time doing that all morning.

I worked the store with iceman, Tom and it was soooo slow! The summer is over here at the Inlet now. There are wide empty spaces where RV’s and tents once were. They are missing because school is back in session. There are no kids whizzing up and down the street on bikes or skateboards. There is no dodging of scooters going on. The sky is empty of kites this Monday and there are no sounds of a ball being batted back and forth on the volleyball court, a sure telltale sign there are no kids here. Summer is all but over.

I kept willing the phone to ring, wanting to hear from Ocean RV when they were going to be coming in put our insulation back up under the rig. I didn’t hear anything, maybe tomorrow.

The store was supposed to be open until 7 p.m. but it was so slow, in that my sales total was almost laughable, that I called the office to find out if they wanted me to keep it open as it would be a total waste of time….mine! Luckily, they saw it my way and I closed at 4.

This is our last Monday here,,,,yep, summer is coming quickly to an end. We’re glad, we’re ready to go. Now that we’ve said our so longs to family and close friends its time to take to the road.

No comments: